DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Capture device offline (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/115385-capture-device-offline.html)

Johnnie Behiri February 21st, 2008 11:08 AM

Capture device offline

Hi,
My JVC GY-HD251 camera is registered correctly under "system-hardware devices", and I am able to use Cineform HDlink for capturing/exporting HDV video to it, but when opening Premiere CS3 capture window, I get the "capture device offline" message.

Can anybody help please? ("Google the problem" gave no answer or solution)

Thanks

Johnnie

David Newman February 21st, 2008 12:31 PM

Check that you HDV device drive in Premiere matches your capture interface. If you using CineForm Aspect / Prospect HD with Premiere (and CineForm Preset), use the CineForm HDV Device driver.

Johnnie Behiri February 21st, 2008 12:43 PM

Thanks David,
That was one of the first things I was checking, all was matching, this is not the problem.

Kevin Fox February 22nd, 2008 04:24 PM

Worth a try???

Johnnie:
Premier can be possesive about it's cameras. We have CS3 on Windows and Sony cameras, so I may be making some assumptions that may or may not apply to you. The only way for me to keep Premier happy is to set Windows to prompt for my device, THEN plug in my Firewire to my camera and turn on the camera. Windows throws up the dialog box, and I click on "EDIT AND RECORD VIDEO USING ADOBE PREMIER PRO". If I do not follow these steps, I get the same situation you described. (We also have Premier 1.5 on another Windows system and it does the same thing. Actually on that system you must have Premier shut down and plug in your firewire, then click on the EDIT AND.....box and let it open Premier automatically).

Strange, but hope that helps. Let us know how things turn out.

Best,

Kevin Fox
AATR Video

Johnnie Behiri February 22nd, 2008 06:03 PM

Kevin, thank you for responding.
Unfortunately it did not help me solve the problem.

I do hope it will help others who like me can not understand why if their camera/vcr are properly recognised by windows, and other software (Cineform HDlink, WinDV), are not recognised by Premiere (I did try version 2 and 3).

Thanks again,

Johnnie

James Lamprecht June 22nd, 2009 11:58 AM

Premiere Pro CS# - Camera Device offline

I have been unable to successfully capture video let alone control the camera using Premiere Pro CS3. I have tried the Canon GL2, XL2 and the XHA1. The first two worked wonderfull with the Premiere Elements 2.0. My computer recognizes the cameras but the CS3 does not. I spoke with Adobe, Canon and Dell to no avail. I downloaded a trial of Sony Vegas and it works fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

James Lamprecht

Alan Craven June 22nd, 2009 02:13 PM

You are not using a trial version of Premiere by any chance, are you? This version has the HD video handling disabled.

Scott Nelson June 22nd, 2009 08:23 PM

Removed my post... Wrong click!