DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Magic Bullet Looks? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/116685-magic-bullet-looks.html)

Denny Kyser March 10th, 2008 09:34 AM

Magic Bullet Looks?

For those of you that have this do you find it is worth the money.

I was going to purchase Cineform, but after shooting the wedding I did Sat and the DJ's BLUE lights can see I will have a fun job color correcting and this may be a better purchase for me at this time.

Thanks

Paolo Ciccone March 10th, 2008 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denny Kyser (Post 840051)
For those of you that have this do you find it is worth the money.

Every single penny. The new UI and the controls that MB Looks gives you makes pretty much a must-have tool in my set of plugins.

George Kroonder March 10th, 2008 10:38 AM

Just so you know, DigitalJuice are running a promo for MB Suite @50% off. And you'll like using Colorista with Looks (or else! ;) ). DVInfo sponsors Videoguys also had a promo for looks, but I can't find that now...

George/

Denny Kyser March 10th, 2008 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by George Kroonder (Post 840085)
Just so you know, DigitalJuice are running a promo for MB Suite @50% off. And you'll like using Colorista with Looks (or else! ;) ). DVInfo sponsors Videoguys also had a promo for looks, but I can't find that now...

George/

Thanks, I just ordered some photography blends and textures from them. This is enough to push me over the edge just bought the suite.

Denny Kyser March 10th, 2008 09:52 PM

Ok, I have it installed but how do I use it from Premier Pro CS3, I see no place to open any of the MB products I purchased.

Paolo Ciccone March 11th, 2008 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denny Kyser (Post 840413)
Ok, I have it installed but how do I use it from Premier Pro CS3, I see no place to open any of the MB products I purchased.

It should be in the effects pane, under Video Effetcs/Magic Bullet. Twirl down the entry, drag the "Looks" effect onto a clip, clip on the clip in the timeline, click on the "Effects Control" in the Source monito. Twirl down the "Looks" section and click on the "Edit Look..." button.

Douglas Turner March 16th, 2008 11:35 PM

Careful though!!!

Magic Bullet Looks does NOT work with processed footage.

So, let's say you'd usually add Colorista, tweak the whites, exposure etc...

Then you'd add Looks... when kicking off the Looksbuilder, you'll notice that the changes you've made by adding Colorista are NOT shown in the preview Looks gives you.

I love Colorista and Looks, but this truely sucks!

Solution is to create a new sequence and create a copy of the original sequence, and then add the Looks filter to this. This really is no good :(

Fingers crossed RedGiant Software are looking to change this?!

Jonathan Plotkin March 18th, 2008 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by George Kroonder (Post 840085)

George/

Go to videoguys.com and click on the "cart" button, then search for mblooks and it will come up at 50% off. Also works for colorista, but not the suite. I called them and it seems that this is the only way to search. Really good deal, even cheaper than the educational version.

Jonathan Plotkin March 18th, 2008 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Douglas Turner (Post 843655)
Careful though!!!

Magic Bullet Looks does NOT work with processed footage.

Do you know if it will work with ProRes422? I seem to remember seeing somewhere that it won't...

Bill Engeler March 18th, 2008 05:32 PM

The price for looks from videoguys seems too good to be true - what's the catch?

Mathieu Ghekiere March 18th, 2008 06:07 PM

I think Magic Bullet works with any codec, and any resolution.
I could be wrong though.

Jonathan Plotkin March 19th, 2008 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Engeler (Post 844676)
The price for looks from videoguys seems too good to be true - what's the catch?

It's an electronic software download, not the boxed product. Other than that, there doesn't seem to be a catch. You download the demo software and they send you serial numbers by email. I just bought it.