DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Premiere Pro CS3 mp3 unsupported?? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/118481-premiere-pro-cs3-mp3-unsupported.html)

Jose Milan April 3rd, 2008 09:02 AM

Premiere Pro CS3 mp3 unsupported??

Hello,

I have problems importing .mp3 files into PPro CS3 projects. I gives a file import failure/file format not supported. I know this is impossible because I know premiere can, I can hear other sound (from video, other audio formats) in premiere and can hear .mp3 files in the computer (windows media, winamp, etc..) so I dont know how to fix or to look to fix the problem with premiere.

Any help?

Thanks in advance.

Paul Leung April 3rd, 2008 11:34 AM

Strange. I import MP3 into pp cs3 all the time.

Have you imported any mp3 into pp successfully before?? Do you have quicktime installed? I know that pp requires qt for some functions. However, I don't know whether it has anything to do with your problem.

Daniel Browning April 3rd, 2008 05:01 PM

Some MP3 files use features that are rare and not fully supported by every software library (e.g. 320 kbps). Try re-encoding the mp3 and see if it will read it then.

Jose Milan April 4th, 2008 05:58 AM

Is not that it works in other pc's around here and not in other. Quicktime already install and the bitrate is 160.

Any idea why works in some pc and not in the other????. All pc's have audio capabilities (we can listen to audio in both systems).

Kiflom Bahta April 5th, 2008 10:07 PM

It might be a copyright issue. When you rip, change the setting on the window media ripper

Tripp Woelfel April 6th, 2008 07:28 PM

I have read numerous times that PP doesn't like MP3s. As such I always convert to a wav before I import.

If you're looking for a good converter/ripper I've had great luck with EZ CD-DA Extractor. I paid US$25-30 for it five years ago and got free upgrades for life. It's a virtual Swiss Army Knife of ripping/converting/burning and well worth the cost.

Jose Milan April 7th, 2008 03:32 AM

Hello guys,

The strange thing is the same installation of Premiere in one computer works and in other it doesn't, it's the same .mp3 and is a free copyright music file for podcasting. Strange!

Kiflom Bahta April 9th, 2008 12:03 PM

Is one of your pc's is vista? if that the case change your window ripper setting and everything should be fine (*_________*).

Jose Milan April 12th, 2008 07:34 AM

Hello again,

Both systems are on windows xp...but get this...in one I can't import .mp3's but can import .wav...but in the other and this is new can import .mp3's BUT CAN'T IMPORT .WAV'S...this is crazy!!!

Dan Vassiliev September 7th, 2008 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jose Milan (Post 858724)
Hello again,

Both systems are on windows xp...but get this...in one I can't import .mp3's but can import .wav...but in the other and this is new can import .mp3's BUT CAN'T IMPORT .WAV'S...this is crazy!!!

I had the same issue. This is what I did to fix it: uninstall premiere cs3, install latest quick time, install premiere with 3rd party software checked. Problem fixed. I can import and use ANY mp3s without conversion.