DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Media Pending with Premiere. (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/129490-media-pending-premiere.html)

Kalulu Ngilo September 6th, 2008 06:31 PM

Media Pending with Premiere.

Hello everyone,

I have a dilemma that I hope can be solved by Pros around here. Recently I ran a defragment on my 3 hard disk drives, my 2nd drive-storage drive- took a dive. I rebooted. After the reboot, 2nd drive was no where to be seen in My Computer. Simply put the drive had bad sectors and windows would NOT boot while that sata drive(2nd) was plugged in even though BIOS could detect the drive fine.

Long story short, i got a live cd, ran dd rescue, got my data back. Now, I have 4 huge HDV files ranging from 4-12GB in size in this project from the lost HDD. I can open the premiere project file fine but the HDV files will not Import even after waiting overnight for it to finish. It just says "Media Pending" on the preview window.... forever! The files are fine, I can play them with VLC, Media Player... i can scroll through out all sections/scenes, they are fine. But importing them takes hours to forever to finish. I have removed Media Cache folder, it does not improve the situation. How do i import these files so i can finish this project?

Premiere CS3
HDV Capable computer.
Media Cache removed
Scratch disk changed.

thanks.

Mitchell Skurnik September 6th, 2008 07:28 PM

Try creating a new project and see if it will import then. If not your file might be missing some data in your avi file. I dont know how to repair it but try searching google or this board for avi repair. Another option is to try to bring it into after effects and export it in the same avi format and then make your media clips offline and then re-link them.

Hope that helps.

Jon Shohet September 7th, 2008 09:03 AM

The Media Cache Database is what directs Premiere to the Media Cache files. If your storage drive letter has changed since the crash/recovery, it will have problems. Try to match all your drive letters and project/media folder structure to what it was before the crash and see if that helps.
Another idea is to create a new project and import the old one into it, and see if Premiere can re-cache correctly all your media.
Deleting the media cache folder will not help. You can try and clear the Media Cache Database in the project preferences if other solutions don't work.
(clearing the database means all projects on your system will need to be re-cached, even the ones that are working fine. So do it as last step)

Good Luck :)

Kalulu Ngilo September 8th, 2008 09:30 PM

thanks i will be trying those ideas.

Kalulu Ngilo September 9th, 2008 10:36 PM

i got a new Hard disk and changed the drive to the same letter and same name. No Dice!

Mitchell Skurnik September 10th, 2008 01:15 AM

Microsoft Online Crash Analysis

Tim Kolb September 10th, 2008 08:14 AM

Try this:

Open the project and leave the drive letter be different than the original...
-also try moving the Media cache folder
-save the project as a new name so you preserve the original just in case...

Choose "All offline" when the project wonders where the heck the assets are...

The project will open with all the media as missing.

Then, from the project window/bins, link each missing clip to the appropriate clips in the new location.

See if that flies...,it should relink all the raw video and all the edits on the time line should be reconstructed...you'll probably need to re-render, but that's pretty easy stuff.