DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Licence to Adobe CS3 inexplicably expires (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/136268-licence-adobe-cs3-inexplicably-expires.html)

Tyson Persall October 18th, 2008 08:58 PM

Licence to Adobe CS3 inexplicably expires

What other reasons would cause Premieres license to expire, and have a pop up say you have 5 days left to register?

I did defragment from another system drive - could that cause it?

Tripp Woelfel October 19th, 2008 07:57 AM

Tyson... You didn't say how long ago you installed CS3. If it was 25 days ago then the message is to be expected as you must register the software within 30 days of installation. I'm guessing, however, that you've had the software longer than that.

It's unlikely that defragmenting would cause this problem. You might want to run chkdsk on your C drive as there might be a sector going soft somewhere.

You haven't stated why there's an issue with you going ahead and registering the software again. If you register your software again the problem should resolve itself. The underlying cause of the problem may still be there and it may happen again, but going through the simple registration process should solve it.

I often wish that Adobe's licensing scheme was less intrusive than it is.

George Kroonder October 19th, 2008 09:49 AM

Adobe has two grace periods:
  1. Trial - 30 days after you install, not putting a license in
  2. Activation - After you did put the license in, you must activate the license within 30 days (internet/telephone)
It is possible that your licensing information has been damaged. In that case I suggest you contact Adobe support for assistance.

You can also re-activate it and should that fail, contact support to resolve the issue.

George/

Marshall Levy October 19th, 2008 03:12 PM

There is actually a known bug with their licensing with CS3 for whatever reason and it's in several of Adobe's forum posts. I had this problem come up a few months ago, and while it didn't state anything regarding five days left, the license just expired and shut down the software. And, it was only for Premiere and Photoshop, all other programs worked fine. I had to uninstall, download and install some cleaning tool that Adobe sent me, and then reinstall and reactivate the software. Time-consuming but it worked.

Tyson Persall October 19th, 2008 03:19 PM

Fixed. ( for now )

CS3 has been installed for about 9 months now with no worries. This was asking for a repair activation. Not sure why.

I did a system restore to the day before and it works now. No repair activation comes up...

I restored to the point before "Software distribution service 3.0" was installed. Not even sure what that was. But i think it has somethign to do with updating my Nvidia GeForce 8800GT video card drivers. Becasue they have reverted to previous version now...

Tripp Woelfel October 19th, 2008 05:06 PM

Tyson... Geez, I sure hope that isn't what caused your problem. I just updated the driver for my 8800 GT on Friday. Haven't used the systems since, but if it goes boom tomorrow, I'll know what to do.

Tyson Persall October 19th, 2008 09:46 PM

Not the 8800GT

I re-updated the 8800GT again and this time no effect on Adobe registration... Still a mystery to me. but i changed something that caused it.

Rob Taylor October 20th, 2008 02:43 PM

I have had the same problem.

Once you restore the system back to the point where Premiere works, then find this file:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe PCD\cache\cache.db

Once you find the file, Right Click on it and select properites. Then set it to Read Only and leave it that way.

That solved the problem for me with Premiere CS3.

BTW, I only found out about this after searching the web and came accross the info on a hacker site.... Leave it the them to figure out how to fix Adobe's problem.

IF for some reason this doesn't work, let me know. I have some other notes I can pass on to you.

Rob

Giroud Francois October 20th, 2008 04:30 PM

this file contains the license of all adobe product installed on your PC.

Rob Taylor October 20th, 2008 06:20 PM

Well that explains it. All I know is since I set that file to read only, I don't have any problems with the expired license.

I have heard, that Adobe sends out update for their products and sometimes the updates can cause a problem with the expired license. I guess that since I have it set to read only, that the update can't change it.

I am assuming correctly?

Rob

itzhik shor February 7th, 2009 12:44 PM

i try to restore too but it not work after its work for 6 months you can help me?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob Taylor (Post 953445)
I have had the same problem.

Once you restore the system back to the point where Premiere works, then find this file:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe PCD\cache\cache.db

Once you find the file, Right Click on it and select properites. Then set it to Read Only and leave it that way.

That solved the problem for me with Premiere CS3.

BTW, I only found out about this after searching the web and came accross the info on a hacker site.... Leave it the them to figure out how to fix Adobe's problem.

IF for some reason this doesn't work, let me know. I have some other notes I can pass on to you.

Rob

i try to system back but the premiere dont work can you help me?

Rob Taylor February 7th, 2009 03:32 PM

Hi Itzhik

I will send you an email with directions and the files you need from Adobe to do a clean install.

Rob

Adalberto Lopez April 5th, 2009 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyson Persall (Post 953094)
CS3 has been installed for about 9 months now with no worries. This was asking for a repair activation. Not sure why.

I did a system restore to the day before and it works now. No repair activation comes up...

I restored to the point before "Software distribution service 3.0" was installed. Not even sure what that was. But i think it has something to do with updating my Nvidia GeForce 8800GT video card drivers. Because they have reverted to previous version now...

Usually this happens when the program is closed abruptly. I came across it many times in high school with 1.5 and we would have to do a "Repair Activation" once in a while. I believe in some instances when the program stops responding and has to be forced to shutdown the files containing the registration information mess up.

Giroud Francois April 5th, 2009 07:44 AM

I got the same problem with ultra, all the suite is installing and registering ok, except ultra that does not allow to register and expire 30 days after installation.