DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Premiere Problem/ shuting down (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/136290-premiere-problem-shuting-down.html)

Victor Guzman October 19th, 2008 12:43 PM

Premiere Problem/ shuting down

1 Attachment(s)
Hello, I have had many people try to help me with my problem but its still messing up. I shoot with a Canon XL1, and make 3 minute skits every week. I have a Dell XPS 420, 3 gig ram, Intel Core 2 Quad 2.40GHz. here are a couple of settings
-Standard NTSC video (4:3 interlaced).
-48kHz (16 bit) audio.
-Drop-Frame Timecode numbering.
General
Editing mode: DV NTSC
Timebase: 29.97 fps

Video Settings
Frame size: 720h 480v (0.900)
Frame rate: 29.97 frames/second
Pixel Aspect Ratio: D1/DV NTSC (0.9)
Fields: Lower Field First

When I import more than 9 clips at one time it says Low Memory save and continue with caution. Sometimes I am editing and all of a suden, I click on something and nothing happens, then I click on the screen somewere, and the screen turns a hazy white color (see pic) and it says program not responding.
here are a couple of errors that have been seen not exact verbage but along those lines:
1. A Serious Error has Ocurred Adobe will try to save your work
2. Low System Memory save and proceed with caution
3. one or more file cannot be rendered (when I finish editing and convert to MPG2)
thats all I can think of but it stops productivity so bad!

This is crazy and is really draining me, every week I shoot on Thursday, edit on friday, and because of all the problems, it takes me to Saturday and I'm stressed out till about
2:00 AM then I have it ready for Sunday (church service) I'm getting tore up and need help. Here is a couple of things I have already tried:
1. took off un needed programs
2. changed Premiere from performance to Memory
3. took off Vistas eye candy features
4. shut off all programs not being used.
5. did system check on ram memory (im good)
6. Uninstalled Adobe CS3, then re installed
What is next? someone brought up the thought that my setup is wrong, you let me know what to check and I will do it. Please help me, and thanks allot to everyone that has gave there 2 cents

Harm Millaard October 19th, 2008 02:42 PM

First give some more details. Which version of PP, which Vista? What is your disk setup? What processes are running? (Use Process Monitor to find out). Can you provide a link to DXDIAG.TXT and MSINFO.TXT? Did you look at "The Case of the Unexplained..." . What videocard do you have, are your drivers up to date? Etc.

Why use WMV instead of normal DV AVI, which your project settings reflect?

Victor Guzman October 25th, 2008 10:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a notification I just realized! does anyone know what it means or wgat can be done to fix it?

Tripp Woelfel October 25th, 2008 12:29 PM

Check the following knowledge base documents from Adobe:
kb402169
kb405542

The second document contains links to other kb docs.

You should also do a complete diagnostic check of your system. If you're running low on memory after importing only nine clips, you may have some bad memory.

Follow the instructions in the Adobe docs and do all they suggest. If you still have a problem you might have either a bad clip or a damaged project.

Adam Gold October 25th, 2008 01:47 PM

Just curuious, why are you trying to edit wmv files? Premiere is for avi's...

Victor Guzman November 1st, 2008 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tripp Woelfel (Post 955530)
Check the following knowledge base documents from Adobe:
kb402169
kb405542

The second document contains links to other kb docs.

You should also do a complete diagnostic check of your system. If you're running low on memory after importing only nine clips, you may have some bad memory.

Follow the instructions in the Adobe docs and do all they suggest. If you still have a problem you might have either a bad clip or a damaged project.

Thanks for response Tripp, for some reason i didnt get an email notifiying me of a response

Victor Guzman November 1st, 2008 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam Gold (Post 955544)
Just curuious, why are you trying to edit wmv files? Premiere is for avi's...

well, here is how I begin the editing process. I get my XL1, and connect it to my computer (Dell XPS 420, Vista) and a window pops up asking me different options on transfering my clips. I chose the option that imports the files by scene and I guess they come as WMV. is there another way I should be doing it? I really dont know, Ive been doing that for a while

Harm Millaard November 1st, 2008 08:13 PM

Try capturing with PP.

Tripp Woelfel November 1st, 2008 10:50 PM

I keep saying this but Harm's right. For SD, capturing in PP is the best way. You'll get an avi file, which is much more flexible and probably higher quality. You'll also get the timecode from tape, which is valuable if you ever save a project and want to recreate it with footage from tape sometime in the future.

It's a time proven workflow.