DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Can't render; get "sorry" message (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/138324-cant-render-get-sorry-message.html)

Peter Malcolm November 23rd, 2008 11:47 PM

Can't render; get "sorry" message

First of all, it's probably important to note that I have my project on an external harddrive as there's no space on my internal for the full project.

There's one clip in my timeline that needs rendering so I can finally export my project, however as soon as I hit the "render" button I get that dreaded "Sorry, an error has occurred and premiere pro needs to shut down" message. I tried clearing the media cache in preferences and I'm stumped from there.

Help, please!

My OS is Vista Home Premium x64 SP1

Jiri Fiala November 24th, 2008 01:33 AM

Try exporting this clip right from Project panel to some other format (quicktime animation is the safest bet), then reimport, re-place it on the timeline and render away. It`s probably just a malformed file.

Peter Malcolm November 24th, 2008 03:03 AM

Just to clarify, this sequence that I'm trying to render/export v2.0 of a short film. All I did were apply some touch-ups (but few added effects) here and there. This clip has exported perfectly fine previously; I'm not sure why now it's not wanting to.

So, given that this is an edited clip that's nested quite snuggly in the middle of my film, I can still kind of 're-save' the raw file to a different format and it won't lose its place in the timeline or anything?

Mitchell Skurnik November 24th, 2008 04:28 AM

Create a new project and import the project that your having problems with into the new one. Then render away...

Peter Malcolm November 25th, 2008 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mitchell Skurnik (Post 968128)
Create a new project and import the project that your having problems with into the new one. Then render away...

Nope, it didn't do it.

From the sounds of it, and I really don't want to say it, but could this one clip might be corrupted? It's an important clip and I honestly can't reshoot given that I live on the other side of the country where I filmed it. The clip never moved from my external hard drive.

Jiri Fiala November 25th, 2008 09:33 AM

What format is it? Quicktime, DV AVI, HDV... Try to play or open it it MPEGStreamclip and if it opens, convert it to QT with Animation codec. That is the safest bet and every app should open it.

Peter Malcolm November 26th, 2008 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jiri Fiala (Post 968745)
What format is it? Quicktime, DV AVI, HDV... Try to play or open it it MPEGStreamclip and if it opens, convert it to QT with Animation codec. That is the safest bet and every app should open it.

MXF Files rendered into MPEGs. I'll see if I can play the file raw and I'll get back to you.

Peter Malcolm January 3rd, 2009 01:36 AM

Okay, so I got it to work after taking a bit of a stressed-out breather from it.

What I did was cut the clip that needed rendering from the timeline, rendered, pasted the clip at the end of the timeline, rendered, then reinserted it and rendered once more. That seemed to have done the trick; just a finicky moment I had there. Thankfully it wasn't anything worse.

Happy New Year everyone.