DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   64Bit with Premiere Pro 4 anyone ? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/139601-64bit-premiere-pro-4-anyone.html)

Mat Thompson December 14th, 2008 04:48 AM

64Bit with Premiere Pro 4 anyone ?

Hi guys

Well I'm having bit problems having upgraded my pc to 64bit. I've tried XP and Vista 64 now and I can't get mpeg2 (HD GY 110) footage to play through PP4.

The only thing I've managed is to use a free player (player only) which sees the footage and tells me that there is a co-dec on the system its just the PP4 can't use it.

Anyone using PP4 on 64 bit at all ?

Tripp Woelfel December 14th, 2008 06:19 AM

Sounds like the codec in PP4 got clobbered in the upgrade. Can try re-installing PP4 to restore it. I think a better choice would be to unintstall, then re-install. It's cleaner.

Josh Chesarek December 14th, 2008 06:54 AM

I am using Premiere Pro CS 4 and the rest of CS4 on 64Bit Windows Vista Ultimate without issue currently.

Mat Thompson December 14th, 2008 06:57 AM

Tripp - I don't think so but I'll try it all the same.

Josh - Can I ask, do you/ can you edit with mpeg2 (JVC HD 110 footage) ?

Josh Chesarek December 14th, 2008 06:59 AM

I edit sometimes via capturing in PP4 but most is done from .m2ts from my NNovia unit. So yes to the mpeg2 but no to it being JVC Footage. Sorry about not specifiying that earlier.

Mat Thompson December 14th, 2008 07:02 AM

Hi Josh and thanks for the quick response. This is driving me nuts at the moment and I'm really considering going back to 32bit which would be a shame.

Is there any chance that if I upload a short clip you could try and import it into premiere and see if it plays ok ?

Josh Chesarek December 14th, 2008 07:04 AM

Would be happy to try it.

For what its worth I have had issues with videos not playing before and uninstalling all of CS3 cleaning out my registry and then reloading seemed to do the trick. CS4 might need something similar.

Mat Thompson December 14th, 2008 07:57 AM

Thats great. many thanks.

There is a file at

www.3dvisions.co.uk/temp/vege1.mpeg (13mb)

It will be interesting if you can import it ok because I've tried everything I can and I can't get it too support these files !

As I say I can play it through a 64 bit free player so I know the 64bit mpeg2 co-dec is working. But premiere will not support it. I have noticed Premiere loads into x86 programs, so it is still running in 32bit. Adobe do however say that Vista 64bit is fully supported....strange situation !!!

Josh Chesarek December 14th, 2008 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mat Thompson (Post 977894)
Thats great. many thanks.

There is a file at

www.3dvisions.co.uk/temp/vege1.mpeg (13mb)

It will be interesting if you can import it ok because I've tried everything I can and I can't get it too support these files !

As I say I can play it through a 64 bit free player so I know the 64bit mpeg2 co-dec is working. But premiere will not support it. I have noticed Premiere loads into x86 programs, so it is still running in 32bit. Adobe do however say that Vista 64bit is fully supported....strange situation !!!

It is loaded into x86 because it is a 32bit program. The only app that will go into the regular program file is photoshop which is the only 64bit app. You can support a 64bit OS while still being a 32bit app :)

The file imported without issue for me. Its a brick wall with Vegitation, that would explain the file name :)

Mat Thompson December 14th, 2008 08:17 AM

Many thanks for that. Although now I am completely confused ! :-/

The only difference is I'm running Vista / Business not Ultimate. But would that really make the difference !?

Does the clip play in media player? Again on my system it doesn't !?

Oh dear...this is all very confusing!

Josh Chesarek December 14th, 2008 08:21 AM

Yes the file plays back fine in VLC and in Media player.

using GSpot the codec info is that its a MPEG-2 Transport Stream. That is all. No additional Information is provided. Usually you only see that when the file has a .m2t extension. In the end it does sound like your codecs are not working properly. The differences between Windows Flavors has more to do with abilities for security and other enhancements such as automated back ups or dream scenes rather than file recognition. For what it is worth I also have DSHOW installed via my install of Sorenson 5 and VLC.

Mat Thompson December 14th, 2008 08:45 AM

Ahhh ok.

Well its a fresh default install and I've since installed FFD show and vista codec packs.

I really don't know what else I could do. I guess I can go back a re-install the OS again and see whether it plays on the default build, but my gut feeling is it won't. I really can't get my head around how to solve this one. I would have thought that the vista codec pack would have got things working even if the default build didn't.

hhmmmm......

Many thanks for your help on this Josh, at least I know it 'should' work....even if I don't know how to make it work!

Josh Chesarek December 14th, 2008 08:47 AM

What vista Codec pack?

I used to use codec packs but they seem to have got me into more trouble than good. I use FDSHOW because it allows Sorenson to access files it usually cannot but other than that I use the default stuff installed by Adobe and MS. (VLC plays everything else with the codecs it comes with)

Mat Thompson December 14th, 2008 09:00 AM

This pack (below), but that was only because it wouldn't play on the default setup! I might try and strip back everything I've installed but I don't have much hope to be honest. I guess other than that its a fresh OS install.

VistaCodecs_v505 - Vista Codec Package | Software - Digital Digest

Josh Chesarek December 14th, 2008 09:02 AM

Well. I would suggest Uninstalling the Codec Pack. Uninstalling CS4. Uninstall anything to do with video. Reboot when asked. Possibly run a registry cleaner but I cannot suggest one at the moment. After that I would try to install CS4 and then update it as most of the CS4 apps have a patch all ready. Then try your file. Add on slowly as needed. I would suggest VLC if you need a media player that can play nearly anything, it is fast and light weight. If that does not work then I would try to reinstall the OS.