DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Adobe Premiere discussions from 2002 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/1413-adobe-premiere-discussions-2002-a.html)

Robert Knecht Schmidt December 20th, 2002 11:13 PM

"I have rendered files larger then 18 minutes before, it just isn't working now."

I suspect that the 18-minutes+ files you rendered before were (a) rendered at a lower resolution; or (b) rendered to a codec with higher compression (e.g., MPEG or DIVX). It's the file size, not the clip length, that causes the limitation.

Scott Silverman December 20th, 2002 11:40 PM

Thats it. It must be the 4 gig limit because the file was 3.99 gigs. Thanks you guys. I guess I am going to have to work around it some how. I'll go buy myself Windows XP after Christmas. Thanks, you guys have come through for me once again!

Michael Linder December 27th, 2002 02:14 PM

I'm using Premiere 6.5 which has an excellent new titling system. It comes with more than 40 lower third templates, most of which are pretty cheesy, but they're good starting points and you can save your customizations. You can also insert logos and see your video behind the lower third or title as you're composing. Premiere 6.5 also does rolls and crawls painlessly, too. Bottom line, you won't ever have to go back into AfterEffects to create lower thirds.

--Mike

Alex Taylor December 27th, 2002 05:55 PM

Yeah, Premiere has good titling tools as of 6 and 6.5. The only time you'll need to use After Effects would be for complex titles that use motion graphics etc.. But for simple, clean, professional titles, Premiere should be all you need.

James Emory December 27th, 2002 06:09 PM

Still & Animated Lower 3rds

The bundled Inscriber CG is a great CG as stated in earlier posts. There is a company called Digital Juice that offers some INCREDIBLE still & animated full screen and lower thirds already pre-produced ready dropping into the timeline. You can sample all of their graphics at the link below.

www.digitaljuice.com

Rob Lohman December 29th, 2002 06:38 PM

If you convert all your partitions to NTFS (either with Win2k
professional that I would recommend or XP) your problem should
be gone!

Scott Silverman December 29th, 2002 07:09 PM

Yeah, I plan to upgrade to WinXP after New Years when I get back home. I am on vacation in NJ right now with my new GL2. Lots of fun!

Thanks you all for your help!

fargogogo December 30th, 2002 01:54 PM

premiere freeze frame

I can't find this answer in any of my manuals.

I believe there's a keyboard shortcut that allows you to capture the video at the markerpoint on the timeline as a freeze frame. Does anyone know the shortcut?

Thanks

Ed Frazier December 30th, 2002 03:23 PM

If what you want is a single frame saved as an image file, use Ctl+Shift+M

fargogogo December 31st, 2002 07:22 AM

Thank you!