DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   premeir cs3 crashed (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/141861-premeir-cs3-crashed.html)

Milan Ratna Bajracharya January 19th, 2009 12:46 AM

premeir cs3 crashed

when scrubing premeir show the notice of "premeir runnung on low systen memory"
after some moment the premeir chashed it is happening after we edit two clip i am unable to work on it . please any body can help me

processor intel 4core
memory : 4 gb
codec: cineform software

Tripp Woelfel January 19th, 2009 10:29 AM

This problem is not uncommon. Is your project large with many individual clips? This takes up memory.

I have to work around the same problem sometimes and I do the following:

- Keep only one timeline open at a time
- Remove any assets I'm not going to use (Project>Remove Unused)
- Break the project up into sections, each in its own project

When all the sections are complete, I'll remove all unused assets. It's important to manually delete any unused timelines. I will then create a new project and import the projects containing each section and assemble each section timeline on a master timeline.

This generally solves the problem for me. There may be other ways that I am not aware of.

Paul Mailath January 19th, 2009 07:07 PM

Hi Trip - sounds like a good workaround - I have the same problem.

How many clips is too many? One project I'm working on has 65 clips and 6 audio clips - It just keeps falling over

Devin Termini January 19th, 2009 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tripp Woelfel (Post 997448)
I have to work around the same problem sometimes and I do the following:
- Keep only one timeline open at a time
- Remove any assets I'm not going to use (Project>Remove Unused)
- Break the project up into sections, each in its own project

When all the sections are complete, I'll remove all unused assets. It's important to manually delete any unused timelines. I will then create a new project and import the projects containing each section and assemble each section timeline on a master timeline.

<rant> I've had the same issues with Premiere. These workarounds (and I do mean to call them workarounds) do help, however Adobe must know that their software is unstable. Quite possibly the most unstable of the "big three". I'm not creating feature length films - just a half-hour show every couple weeks with minimal effects/CC. As much as I didn't like Avid - it never had these instability problems. </rant>

I'm still on CS3 - maybe CS4 has fixed this. People have said it has better memory management.

Tripp Woelfel January 20th, 2009 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Mailath (Post 997699)
How many clips is too many? One project I'm working on has 65 clips and 6 audio clips - It just keeps falling over

Paul... That doesn't sound like many at all. You may have another issue with your system. At the risk of stating the obvious, make sure that you have all the Adobe and OS updates. Don't forget QuickTime too. Updated drivers for hardware components such as video and audio controllers are key as well. Don't rely upon the OS to update those for you. Go to the manufacturers' sites and verify that you have the latest ones. That might help.

Last summer, I was turning out a two hour DVD every week with about six hours of video (long clips) in the project using multi-cam editing. It would grind the system down when I got to color correcting. That was the point where I had to start breaking the project up. I knew trouble was brewing when I started getting a lag between when I pressed the spacebar and the timeline started to play.

Greg Laves January 20th, 2009 10:43 PM

I had this warning when working on a 6 1/2 minute program that was pretty basic. I was trying to add the credits and it kept giving me the "running out of memory" display. I shut down CS3 and restarted. Same thing instantly. I rebooted. No joy. I finally got to add one name on the credits. Got the memory warning again. I wanted to make sure it was all saved. So I rendered the one name and for some reason, the warning went away and never returned. One of the things I had checked earlier was if there was anything left unrendered and there was nothing. It doesn't make sense to me.

Milan Ratna Bajracharya January 21st, 2009 06:13 AM

hi

Is there any solution to get ride off from this problme with out breaking the project, Do u guys think that it is a hardware problem, If it is a premeir cs3 problem then how we can complain it to Adobe to get the solve.

Please help me !
i am in big trouble.

Tripp Woelfel January 21st, 2009 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg Laves (Post 998280)
I was trying to add the credits and it kept giving me the "running out of memory" display.

I get this same warning regardless of project size or how recently I've hard booted. Consequently I only use the titler when I have to. It's crashed Premier too many times to try and do anything fancy with it. I generally do titles in After Effects.

One thing that's interesting lately is that when I get the warning, I'll make my simple title and close it and continue working for hours with no additional warnings or problems. Perhaps the error is getting triggered in error.

Tripp Woelfel January 21st, 2009 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milan Ratna Bajracharya (Post 998386)
Please help me !
i am in big trouble.

Milan... I feel your pain. I've been there. Unfortunately, there's no quick fix for this. Your first step is to go to the Adobe support Web site and go through all the steps they recommend for configuring and optimizing your system for Premier. This includes using Windows selective startup procedures. I cannot state emphatically enough how important this is. If you contact a live Adobe support person and have not done this, they will tell you to go away and do this.

If that doesn't solve the problem, your next step is to uninstall PP then carefully go through your system and remove any software you do not need, paying special attention to any audio or video software that might install and use audio or video codecs. Conflicting codec issues can be the source of endless headaches and could cause you to pull out your hair, assuming you have any to start with.

Also, make sure that you have the latest QT and Cineform releases. I'll admit that I'm not a fan of Cineform and when I trialed it last year it created new problems for me. After nearly a week of waiting, their support person informed me I needed a new release as there was a problem in the version I had downloaded only a fortnight before.

I ended up in much the same place you are now when I loaded CS3 on my new machine a year ago. After a month of ceaseless problems, I blew the machine away and completely rebuilt it from the OS on up, installing only what I needed to edit, composite, etc. Upgrading the video card to an nVidea 8800 seems to have helped stability a bit overall.

A year later, I'm pretty happy with the stability of the system but it was a long and bumpy road to get here.