DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   PP 4 + Magic Bullet Looks issue ?? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/146005-pp-4-magic-bullet-looks-issue.html)

Mat Thompson March 17th, 2009 04:51 AM

PP 4 + Magic Bullet Looks issue ??

Hi guys
Just wondering whether anyone knows anything about a bug I'm experiencing when using PP4 + MB Looks 2 in Vista 64.

Basically I apply the looks editor, click edit and the app fires up. However most of the time it doesnt show the video clip. The controls still work but I have to ok them, go back into Premiere to see the results of my choices, obviously this is no workflow.

SO...does anyone know anything about this or how I can fix it ?

Many thanks
Mat

Graham Hickling March 17th, 2009 03:28 PM

Do you mean Looks 1.2? If so, I can tell you in seems to be working OK for me under XP64, so far at least. Sorry you are having problems....

Mat Thompson March 17th, 2009 04:55 PM

I'm on 1.01.....so maybe an update is worthwhile! cheers

Mat

Graham Hickling March 17th, 2009 09:33 PM

Definitely - the 1.1 -> 1.2 update was specifically for CS4 compatibility.

John Hewat March 26th, 2009 03:03 AM

But it still doesn't work - I am on CS4, Vista x64 with up-to-date Looks and still get the strange black screen when I attempt to edit the look.

I am mad as hell about it, given that Red Giant claim compatability with CS4.

There's plenty of debate on the Red Giant forums about what's causing it.

Red Giant support seems to be pretty useless from what I can tell. But I hope I am wrong and that they find a solution.

I'd love to hear if your problem goes away, Mat.

Gary Greenwald March 26th, 2009 04:09 PM

yes, i found it wonky with ppcs4, if you get the opengl issue, then it could be because you have nvidia desktop control manager enabled, which i do but only to enable windows snapping and keeping windows properly onscreen, so disable that and the opengl error goes away. i wish the interface in the plugin were laid out better and more efficiently, as they all just spread out the bigger the screen you have, plus why cant i pin the leftside panel to stay open, like other programs....but anyways, ive tried it with a 7900gtx, a 8800 ultra, a gtx 280, and a 295gtx. each gave a different type of corruption the best job was the gtx 295, that worked within the plugin, but on the timeline itself, if i didnt render it first, when my files play i get corrupted previewing in any mode, odd quartering of the video, or odd colored flashing taffy.
they probably are trying to get others out with limited programmers, for surely the color correction plugin should be due soon since its not yet compatible at all.

John Hewat March 26th, 2009 04:48 PM

I don't think it's a video card problem - more a 64 bit OS problem.

I haven't had a 32 bit OS for some time but one of these days, I'm planning on installing an old copy of XP x32 (or I think I have a Vista Business x32 somewhere) on an old abandoned HDD and seeing if I can have both it and my Vista x64 as boot drives.

I'll install PPro CS4 on both drives - edit in Vista x64 and then when I want to do Magic Bullet stuff, I'll power down, swap boot drives and load up the XP x32 drive with CS4 and Looks installed on it. Do the color correcting in there and then go back to Vista x64 for output.

At this stage I can't think of any other reliable way. And having not tried this method yet, I can't attest to its success...

Graham Hickling March 26th, 2009 09:44 PM

Or a Vista problem, since it's working for me under XP64?

Mat Thompson March 27th, 2009 03:05 AM

Hi guys

A quick update. Its seems V1.2 solved the problem. I've not extensively used it yet but on the face of it things seem to work.

I will keep you updated.

Mat

John Hewat March 31st, 2009 05:07 AM

Holy cow!

You're absolutely right! I've tested it pretty thoroughly and only had a couple of strange errors in one project. Working fine in HD (EX1 footage)and DV (V1 footage) so far!

At last!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mat Thompson (Post 1034373)
Hi guys

A quick update. Its seems V1.2 solved the problem. I've not extensively used it yet but on the face of it things seem to work.

I will keep you updated.

Mat

Brett Griffin April 6th, 2009 09:16 PM

John.

The link to your website is D.E.A.D dead.

Christopher Warwick April 21st, 2009 12:42 PM

Fixed it for me too. 1.1 -> 1.2 was the answer. Working in Win XP Pro.

I notice the link hasn't been provided yet, so here it is:
Red Giant Software: Downloads - Updates

Scroll down to 'Magic Bullet Looks'... Make sure you installed 1.1 and licensed/registered it first there... This is just the update to that.

Chris

Harm Millaard April 25th, 2009 05:02 PM

Redgiant has not yet made a Vista64 version available.

If you still encounter difficulties in getting it to run reliably under Vista 64, follow these steps:

1. Locate the file Looksbuilder.exe
2. Right click on Properties, select the Compatibility tab
3. Turn on the Run in compatibility mode and select Windows XP (Service Pack 2) option.

That should do it.