DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   CS3 crashing at start-up (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/238484-cs3-crashing-start-up.html)

Scott Nelson July 5th, 2009 07:00 PM

CS3 crashing at start-up

So this started a week ago, and now I am out of google search answers...

Everytime I start up PP CS3 it will load the purple screen run all the files at the bottom and then it pops up, "Adobe Premiere Pro CS3 has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

I have tried everything from re-installing it to deleting the temp folders...

I am out of ideas!!!

Please help!

Scott Nelson July 5th, 2009 07:01 PM

Oh, p.s.

Nothing has been recently installed or changed, and AE works just fine... Nothing was updated or upgraded lately, it was working just fine and then it wasn't....

Thank you.

Brett Griffin July 5th, 2009 07:06 PM

Have you tried a repair install. Sounds like a registry key or similiar has got screwed up some how.

Marty Baggen July 5th, 2009 07:07 PM

Scott... I've had similar experiences, and even though nothing has changed system-wise, I have had success by going back to a restore point during the timeframe that it worked properly.

Not much of an answer, but restore has saved my butt more than once.

Scott Nelson July 5th, 2009 08:25 PM

Tried to restore from many points but it won't restore... I looked that up and someone said to check the "shadows" in command prompt. I did and there are none in there... It looks like there is no history on this computer....

Any other ideas?

Javier Gallen July 6th, 2009 03:21 AM

I don't think this is your problem, but just in case: With some ATI cards Premiere hangs on start if TRIPLE BUFFERING is activated in ATI control panel.

Ray Bell July 6th, 2009 04:55 AM

Long shot here...

go to the directory where the exe file is located.... program files folder

double click on the exe file but before you do this hold down the shift key on the
keyboard and keep the shift key held down until the program fully launches...

This is supposed to reset all of the components while being loaded... worked for me
several times... I'm hoping it works for you too...

Scott Nelson July 6th, 2009 02:25 PM

No the Shift key did not work...

I took the ATI control panel off once we got the drivers installed and it worked fine then...

Scott Nelson July 7th, 2009 02:00 PM

Any more ideas? I have a wedding to finish editing and I am about to start in on a commercial tomorrow. I would prefer to have Premiere for those...

I will even take the extremely odd sounding fixes... Please?!

Scott Nelson July 7th, 2009 04:07 PM

Ok, none of you would have gotten this one!

Premiere CS3 crashes on startup... driving me nuts! : Adobe Premiere Pro

Apparently a font I downloaded was the issue. Delted it and BAM! It works fine!

Thats a shame. I liked that font too...

Ray Bell July 8th, 2009 08:17 PM

Glad to see it all worked out for you.... nice to learn of that issue to look out for..