DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   XDCAM not importing into Premiere (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/239690-xdcam-not-importing-into-premiere.html)

Mitchell Skurnik July 24th, 2009 08:01 PM

XDCAM not importing into Premiere

I am having my intern work on a project in Premiere Pro CS3.2 and I can not seem to import some footage from my EX3. The same thing has happened on my workstation after I reformatted a few days ago. I says it is unrecognized footage. So i googled the problem and was told to rename the files from *.mp4 to *.m4v or *.mpg. Now this allows me to import the footage but no audio shows up into premiere. We even reformatted the computer and re-installed everything. Still have the same problem. These files worked before we reformatted and also works on CS4. I am out of ideas...please help

Ray Bell July 25th, 2009 07:33 AM

depends... when you import do you see any info on the timeline in the audio portion and
the audio just doesn't playback???

If this is the case I'd check the preferences... go to " edit " , " preferences ", "audio hardware" and check to make sure you have this setup correctly... also look at the "audio output mapping " while there too.

I loose audio everytime I load or reload my blackmagic drivers... so that might help you
get your audio back

Brian Barkley July 25th, 2009 08:35 AM

Are you using Clip Browser? If not, you should use it, and not Windows Explorer.

Mitchell Skurnik July 25th, 2009 10:44 AM

There is no audio in the track at all when imported

Ray Bell July 25th, 2009 11:21 AM

I'd have to go with Brian....

Try clipbrowser and convert the files that way then bring those into the timeline..

Mitchell Skurnik July 25th, 2009 11:27 AM

These are both windows XP machines...I shouldnt have to re-wrap them

Ray Bell July 25th, 2009 04:23 PM

did you check to see if there is a video file and a audio file in the same directory??

I've seen this before...

If so you import the video and drop the audio below the video on the time line...

Mitchell Skurnik July 25th, 2009 04:27 PM

No other files but meta data and stuff
021_0096_01.MP4
021_0096_01.SMI
021_0096_01I01.PPN
021_0096_01M01.XML
021_0096_01R01.BIM

I wonder if it is because my company recently changed AV protection to Sophos...could a firewall, malware, virus protection be doing this?

Brian Barkley July 27th, 2009 05:46 AM

Strange thought, but are you sure audio got recorded? Place the memory cards back in camera and listen through headsets to make sure that audio is indeed there.

Ed Kukla July 27th, 2009 06:10 AM

try using the clip browser to see if it will import to a hard drive OK

Mitchell Skurnik July 27th, 2009 08:31 AM

Audio is there...shows in CS4. I cant place it back in the camera as I rented it.

David Warrilow July 28th, 2009 05:45 PM

Hi Mitchell,

I had the same problem - I could import ex1 .mp4 files fine and dandy - and then one day - not. 'Unrecognised files' error or something. I was running XP64 at the time and having dramas with other drivers etc. So I switched back to XP32, re-installed the production suite and updated Prem to 3.2 - hey presto, XDCAM EX native functionality back again.

Now, I can't say whether this was an XP issue or some other conflict somewhere - OR - Adobe did an update which I D/L and installed automatically and that screwed things up. The only advice I could give is try re-installing Premiere again and see if it works for you the way it did me. Probably not what you wanted to hear I know, but perhaps just re-installing the application - rather than doing a full OS reinst will be enough.

Regards,
David.

Mitchell Skurnik July 28th, 2009 05:55 PM

I have re-formatted a few times and re-installed premiere before reformatting with no luck. I ended up just converting the mp4's to mpeg 2's.

I would still like to know what is causing the issue :(