DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Are these keyboard shortcuts available? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/239987-these-keyboard-shortcuts-available.html)

Joe Riggs July 29th, 2009 07:13 PM

Are these keyboard shortcuts available?

1. With keyboard shortcuts you can bring a clip from the Project Panel to the Source Monitor, than to the Timeline. However, is it possible to bring a clip from the Project Panel, directly to the timeline?

2. When in the Timeline panel, is it possible to select a clip? Often, I'm doing my JKL editing, or cutting with Ctrl + K, and I'd like to select a clip but it seems I must use the a mouse.

Tripp Woelfel July 29th, 2009 08:03 PM

No and don't think so.

PP is very mouse driven which is a major time sink for me, but it's always been that way and I've been using it going back to Premier 1.x. Odd when compared to AE where keystrokes can do almost everything up to stopping the Earth's rotation.

Roger Averdahl July 30th, 2009 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Riggs (Post 1178434)
...However, is it possible to bring a clip from the Project Panel, directly to the timeline?

Yes, select the clip and choose either , (comma) or . (period).

, = Insert Edit
. = Overlay edit

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Riggs (Post 1178434)
When in the Timeline panel, is it possible to select a clip? Often, I'm doing my JKL editing, or cutting with Ctrl + K, and I'd like to select a clip but it seems I must use the a mouse.

No, one cannot select any clip wih the keyboard.

/Roger

Tripp Woelfel July 30th, 2009 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roger Averdahl (Post 1178553)
Yes, select the clip and choose either , (comma) or . (period).

, = Insert Edit
. = Overlay edit

You can do that from the project panel? I'll have to try that today. I thought you could only do that from the clip window.

Roger Averdahl July 30th, 2009 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tripp Woelfel (Post 1178599)
You can do that from the project panel?

Yes, otherwise i would not have wrote it. :)

You wrote that Premiere Pro is mouse driven which is a major time sink for you. There are tons of unmapped commands that you can map to keyboard shortcuts. Go to Edit > Keyboard Customization and enjoy.

If you want them all on a paper, to easier see the ones you want/need, hold down Ctrl+Shift and while holding them down, go to Edit > Keyboard Customization and look for the >>Clipboard button. When you click on this button you copy all of the aviable keyboard customizable commands to the Clipboard, so you can paste it into any text document and print it out to discover everything.

I use the keyboard for almost anything in Premiere Pro, rough cuts and fine tunings of clips on the Timeline. There is very seldom (never) need for the Ctrl+K to remove clips or part of the clips from the Timeline. In Points, Out Points and an Extract Edit/Lift Edit takes care of that, without the need to touch the mouse. So i have an opposite experience, there are a lot of things you actually can do without the mouse in Premiere Pro. :)