DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Horizontal Interference Premiere Pro 1.5 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/36360-horizontal-interference-premiere-pro-1-5-a.html)

Ron Evans December 13th, 2004 09:33 PM

Horizontal Interference Premiere Pro 1.5

I have just started using Premiere Pro 1.5, normal setup is Canopus DVRaptor RT2 with Premiere 6.5. Any use of filters or even "black video" by itself on the timeline causes faint horizontal lines on the output. It seems that anything created by Premiere Pro 1.5 produces these horizontal lines. The original video files play back just fine from the timeline. Output is viewed via 1394, to DHR1000 deck then to monitor. I have tried using different 1394 ports ( have several options on the PC) even rendered an avi, loaded into Premiere 6.5 and output via the DVRaptor RT2. The interference is still there obviously created by Premiere Pro 1.5 somehow.

Any ideas?

Ron Evans

Rob Lohman December 15th, 2004 07:27 AM

My guess would be it has some issues with drivers or something
from the DVRaptor system. But that is a very wild guess.

Could you post some screenshots? Do you only see this on analog
out or also on your computer when you play the file etc.?

Ben Winter January 7th, 2006 02:04 AM

I know this is an old thread, but I'm having the exact same problem and I don't know what's causing it. I"ll post a screenshot.

Miguel Lombana January 7th, 2006 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron Evans
I have just started using Premiere Pro 1.5, normal setup is Canopus DVRaptor RT2 with Premiere 6.5. Any use of filters or even "black video" by itself on the timeline causes faint horizontal lines on the output. It seems that anything created by Premiere Pro 1.5 produces these horizontal lines. The original video files play back just fine from the timeline. Output is viewed via 1394, to DHR1000 deck then to monitor. I have tried using different 1394 ports ( have several options on the PC) even rendered an avi, loaded into Premiere 6.5 and output via the DVRaptor RT2. The interference is still there obviously created by Premiere Pro 1.5 somehow.

Any ideas?

Ron Evans

Did you un-install all the Canopus drivers left over from 6.5 then get the updated drivers for 1.5 from the Canopus site?

I run an RT2Max with PPro 1.51 and have had virtually no issues since day one. About the only difference between my setup and yours is the DHR1000, I use the JVC 30 for my 1394 feed out to a monitor.

Also have you started your project using the Canopus 1.5 Preset and not the Adobe preset?

These are just a few, if you like and are still having issues, just email me offline and we'll try to get it worked out for you, alternativly you can also chime in on the Canopus forums, the Raptor forum has been rather quiet lately, might be a good time to stir things up a little!
Miguel

miguel@lauderdaledj.com

Ben Winter January 7th, 2006 08:05 PM

Here are a few screengrabs from my video which has these problems:

http://www.frozenphoenixproductions.com/misc/line1.JPG
http://www.frozenphoenixproductions.com/misc/line2.JPG

Please help! It's really annoying. I don't have Canopus so I'm pretty sure it's not the culprit.

Ron Evans January 7th, 2006 08:58 PM

Yes Ben that is the same interference I have still with PPR. I am not sure what it is caused by but now mainly use Edius or Vegas so it is of less interest to me. I went to the extent of removing everything else except PPR and still had the problem so have effectively given up!!! I even came to the conclusion that it did not happen if I exported to a file and then played file back with another program. Some time ago now so don't really remember what the exact circumstances were.

Ron Evans

Ben Winter January 8th, 2006 07:55 AM

Ron, I think I figured out the problem. I have been shooting progressive footage with my GL2 yet I have just been selecting the project presets in Premiere without looking at the settings--I should have been selecting Progressive instead of leaving it at lower field first. I have not tested this yet to confirm that is the issue but it does look like a good chance.

Miguel Lombana January 8th, 2006 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben Winter
Ron, I think I figured out the problem. I have been shooting progressive footage with my GL2 yet I have just been selecting the project presets in Premiere without looking at the settings--I should have been selecting Progressive instead of leaving it at lower field first. I have not tested this yet to confirm that is the issue but it does look like a good chance.

Ben to the editing system, that cam is 60i even in frame mode, what preset are you starting your projects with?

Ron,

Let's make sure that you don't have something at issue with the drivers -AND- the setup that you're using for realtime in Canopus. There are some adjustments that you need to make to the standard PPro settings to properly configure the Canopus card for realtime. I'll detail them here but this stuff is all available on the Canopus site.

1. Start a new Premier Pro project and select the Canopus DV NTSC (assuming that you're NTSC) Standard 48k and press the Custom button.

2. One the New Project Settings window setup as follows:
- Canopus RealTime DV
- 29.97 FPS
- 25 FPS timecode
Then press the Playback settings button...

3. Enable all 4 of the radio buttons starting with Enable monitor out preview

4. Check YCbCr Colorspace
5. Set overlay to High
6. Set performance to Standard
7. Set the Decision to ALL REALTIM

Save the preset and call it REALTIME 4:3 Canopus etc... use this to start your projects, also do this for the 16:9 project but use the Canopus default each time to start the customization (ex: Standard 48k or Widescreen 48k).

Again, to the editing system that cam in frame movie mode is 60i, if you're using any other preset then you're doing something wrong. If you're not setup as above then you're not getting realtime. This is covered in great details on the Canopus forums on their site, any other questions just email me and I'll try to help.

Again, I'm not seeing your issue and I shoot GL2 and XL2 all the time and edit with a Raptor RT2Max and PP 1.51. BTW, have you opted to just do a fresh install of windows lately and only load the 1.51 Canopus drivers all together skipping the 6.x install?

They have quite a few totally updated drivers on their site which again might make a difference, but from what I'm seeing in this post, I think that you're project settings might just be the issue.

Here is a link to a few seconds of a project that I'm working on now, it's posted because of an issue that I was having with Optical Image Stabilization but this from Premier Pro 1.51 with Canopus Raptor RT2Max and you're going to be hard pressed to find the interlace artifacting that you have in your post. The frame movie mode vs. progressive editing has been an issue for a long time on many NLE editing forums so you guys are not alone with this.

http://www2.kd4iml.com:8080/sp-pics/...MP-720x480.wmv

ML

EDIT: Should have mentioend, when you export, just export the timeline with the default settings, again you don't have to mess with the fields switches on export.

Ron Evans January 9th, 2006 07:33 PM

Miguel
I have no drivers for Premiere Pro installed only running it from the OHCI not the Raptor. I in fact only upgraded to PPRo to edit HDV( hence only OHCI ) but as it turns out I much prefer Edius or Vegas so really dont use now. I will see what happens with the new version. All my video is interlaced. It could be as you say that there is some interference from Canopus but none of the Canopus codecs etc show in the Premiere project startup so I am assuming Premiere is not seeing any of the Canopus stuff which is exactly what I want.

Ron Evans