DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Sound & other playback issues in CS4 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/386005-sound-other-playback-issues-cs4.html)

Colin Zhang September 11th, 2009 09:37 AM

Sound & other playback issues in CS4

Hey all, as the title says I am having trouble with the sound in Premiere Pro CS4. I realize there are many threads like this on the internet but none fix my problem. I am not getting any sound output when playing back video in the timeline although the audio meters indicate there is indeed sound in the footage. In addition, the source monitor has two issues which randomly occur (one always occurs though): either the source sound and subsequently ALL sound on my computer becomes distorted until a logoff/logon or it simply does not play at all. Also, I can click play and an image will show in the source monitor window however it does not actually play anything - it is as if it's just paused. I'm running a simple (maybe underpowered) setup on a ThinkPad X200 laptop with 2.4Ghz Centrino 2 processor, 3GB DDR3 RAM, Windows XP Pro SP3, integrated Intel graphics, and the integrated sound card (Connexant I think). Kaspersky Internet Security is also running in the background if that helps. I have already tried reinstalls of Premiere and creating new projects with different settings. Thanks for your help in advance!

EDIT: Now it seems now my program monitor/timeline is exhibiting the same problems as the source monitor

Brian Barkley September 11th, 2009 10:00 AM

Are you running just the PP software, or do you also have the Matrox hardware?

If you have Matrox hardware, then be sure you the Audio Hardware checked for Matrox driver, and not Premiere Pro.

If you do not have Matrox hardware, then it sounds like a technical issue between the Adobe software and your computer.

Colin Zhang September 11th, 2009 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Barkley (Post 1340403)
Are you running just the PP software, or do you also have the Matrox hardware?

If you have Matrox hardware, then be sure you the Audio Hardware checked for Matrox driver, and not Premiere Pro.

If you do not have Matrox hardware, then it sounds like a technical issue between the Adobe software and your computer.

Hi Brian, I am not using the Matrox hardware. Thanks for your input.

Battle Vaughan September 11th, 2009 01:02 PM

Suggest you check two things - (1) control panel /sounds and check your devices to see if any are muted or the volume indicators at 0. (2) In PP, check prefrences / audio and see if the proper audio device driver is selected, proper audio output selected, and then the audio tracks to see if you have accidentally muted any of them.... hth / Battle Vaughan

Colin Zhang September 11th, 2009 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Battle Vaughan (Post 1340965)
Suggest you check two things - (1) control panel /sounds and check your devices to see if any are muted or the volume indicators at 0. (2) In PP, check prefrences / audio and see if the proper audio device driver is selected, proper audio output selected, and then the audio tracks to see if you have accidentally muted any of them.... hth / Battle Vaughan

Thanks for replying, my settings appear to be fine in those areas

Jose Milan September 14th, 2009 07:20 AM

Hello,

That happens to me also sometimes, I thought it had to be to conforming issues, but the thing is that sometimes even thought the conforming is done I can not listen to the audio of some clips at all, or maybe some part of it. Most times it gets fixed if I re-start premiere, sometimes it wont work, but if I render the video the audio comes fine at least for now.