DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Earthquake Effect (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/40579-earthquake-effect.html)

Glen Chua March 6th, 2005 02:47 AM

Earthquake Effect

I was wondering how to make an earthquake effect with Preimere Pro, such as makn the whole scene shake like in the butterfly effect, thanks!

Peter Jefferson March 6th, 2005 05:52 AM

nup.. vegas has a script for it though.. complicated pan and zoom tool (track motion)

download teh demo of vegas and check out the Vasst site...

vegas also does the radial blur, warping, and glow and transitional flash also seen in Butterfly effect..

one thing though, i really REALLY like the way they made the handwriting shiver when hes reading through his journal :) now thats a trick id like to learn..

Glen Chua March 6th, 2005 02:48 PM

what do you mean by the Vaast site... and I have Vegas but i find it a bit difficult to use. Could you explain how to do the earthquake effect, and where do I find the radial blur option? Thanks

Peter Jefferson March 6th, 2005 06:35 PM

radial blur is a filter

quake is a script, which is run from the script menu. Its calleed Vegas Quake and can be found on the VASST site as a free download

Glen Chua March 6th, 2005 08:01 PM

Sorry again to ask you this, but I cannot find it on the VASST site, could you possibly put up a URL? Thanks.

Patrick King March 6th, 2005 08:23 PM

I Googled "VASST" and the very first listing was the correct one; amazing what you can find with Google given just a word, phrase or idea.

www.vasst.com

I couldn't find it in the VASST Scripts listing, though I too thought it should be there. I may be wrong but I think it was a Vegas 4.0 script that wasn't updated to Vegas 5 compatibility. Might be why it isn't there anymore.

Jonathan Nicholas March 12th, 2005 04:29 AM

If you're using premiere pro it can be done manually and quite easily by using the motion effect and key framing.

Jon

Patrick King March 12th, 2005 09:01 AM

<<<-- Originally posted by Jonathan Nicholas : If you're using premiere pro it can be done manually and quite easily by using the motion effect and key framing.

Jon -->>>

Acrually it can be done just as easily in Vegas by using the same Track Motion and keyframing you are recommending in PP. But Vegas users can do it even easier by using a script. If someone writes a script to perform the same action (Quake in this case) all the Vegas user has to do is run the script. Highlight the track and select Tools/Scripting/Quake.

Jonothan, since Glen seems to be more comfortable in PP than Vegas, why don't you walk him through steps to perform the action using motion effect and key framing.

Jonathan Nicholas March 12th, 2005 09:38 AM

Will do. I need to do this for a show I'm working on - it would be good if I could save the effect too.

Am not near my editing pc at the mo, will look later.

Jon

Brent Ray March 12th, 2005 12:54 PM

I know for a fact that there's a third-party After Effects plugin that does this exact thing. It's even called Earthquake. I just saw it once however, not sure who makes it where you can buy it. Google?

Jonathan Nicholas March 19th, 2005 09:44 AM

I've made a basic earthquake effect - if you like I can email you the preset if you pm me.

Jon

Chris Ivanovskis March 22nd, 2005 06:46 PM

There's also a plugin in the Delerium set called Film Shake that will accomplish the same thing. By DigiEffects btw. It was for AE but I just pulled it over and it works fine in PPro