DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   CS4 Premeire Pro export directly to DVD (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/475908-cs4-premeire-pro-export-directly-dvd.html)

Bill Rankin March 30th, 2010 07:05 PM

CS4 Premeire Pro export directly to DVD

I recently upgraded to CS4 and am attempting to export directly from PPro to DVD, but it appears that you must go thru Encore to burn a DVD.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Mitch Hunt March 30th, 2010 07:23 PM

Yes, you will need to use Encore for burning DVDs. In Premiere, choose "file -> Adobe Dynamic Link -> Send to Encore". Encore will ask you to create a new project. After that, the bare minimum you will need to do is to click on the timeline in the project panel in Encore, then go to the properties panel and click the arrow to the left of "End Action" and choose "Stop". Then go to the build panel and choose "Build".

Bill Rankin March 30th, 2010 07:38 PM

I understand about going to Encore. I should have stated that information.

I wanted try a burn directly from PPro to see if the results could improve. Maybe there is something I am not doing correctly in Encore, I don't know. The problem is my 2 minutes video of an outdoor activity is very pixelated especially when the camera pans, even slowly. I am shooting in Standard Def. I chose the following settings:

Transcode setting are:

Quality present 7mb VBR 2 pass

Check max. render quality

Then edit quality setting to MPEG-@DVD with same 7mb 2 pass

Click ok and burned the DVD. The quality, however is significantly less than it is during edting (viewing the same HDTV).

Tim Kolb March 31st, 2010 06:29 AM

Does Encore have the compressed footage designated as "not transcoded" or does Encore think the video needs transcoding? That's a fairly beefy bitrate.

Premiere Pro only burned DVDs directly in one version...if I recall correctly, I think it was CS2...the feature didn't exist previously, and hasn't existed since.

Bill Rankin March 31st, 2010 07:34 AM

After dynamically linking to Encore it shows the file to be untranscoded. I set the transcode settings searching for a better final result.

Gregory Gesch March 31st, 2010 05:16 PM

Hi Bill. Im using CS3 but in PPro I select the project and use File/Export/Export to Encore and then an Export Settings window appears. Input your settings and then the transcode etc starts happening and Encore opens automatically. Works for me and trust that helps.

Martin Rose March 31st, 2010 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Rankin (Post 1507791)
I understand about going to Encore. I should have stated that information.

I wanted try a burn directly from PPro to see if the results could improve. Maybe there is something I am not doing correctly in Encore, I don't know. The problem is my 2 minutes video of an outdoor activity is very pixelated especially when the camera pans, even slowly. I am shooting in Standard Def. I chose the following settings:

Transcode setting are:

Quality present 7mb VBR 2 pass

Check max. render quality

Then edit quality setting to MPEG-@DVD with same 7mb 2 pass

Click ok and burned the DVD. The quality, however is significantly less than it is during edting (viewing the same HDTV).

For a 2 min video there is no reason to use variable bitrate, try cbr 2 pass
Also check that your sequence settings match your footage in size, frame rate, and field order. If you are de-interlacing you will notice a drop in qualty

Martin

Jay Webster April 1st, 2010 04:54 PM

I am doing the same as Gregory (above) in CS3...No Problems. I up the quality slider to 5 and bit rates around 7.5 & 5-5.5 respectively once in Encore. Works fine.
Not sure about CS4 though.

Bill Rankin April 4th, 2010 07:20 PM

It is still noticeably lesser quality when burned to DVD as opposed to outputting to the same HDTV from my editing computer.