DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Export Speeds with Premier 5? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/477378-export-speeds-premier-5-a.html)

Brant Gajda April 22nd, 2010 06:00 AM

Export Speeds with Premier 5?

Not sure if this has been covered or someone could point me in the right direction. Has the speeds of exporting HD material (720p or 1080p) to Quicktime HD or h264 increase much with Premier 5?

I know that exporting a 5 min clip from my Canon 5D Mark II to h264 could take anywhere from 30mins to over an hour in CS4 and I have a very new machine.

Harm Millaard April 22nd, 2010 06:59 AM

Brant,

Premiere 5 never supported HD. Are you talking about CS5?

A new machine means nothing without the specs. A new machine could mean a Core2Duo @ 2.00 GHz or a dual X5680, which is about equal to comparing a T-Ford to a Ferrari Scuderia.

Marty Baggen April 22nd, 2010 07:12 AM

Cut Brant a little slack here Harm... I don't think it's a mystery what he's asking, and regardless of whether it's a new machine in a generic sense or a list of specs, it's a valid "all things being equal" question.

Harm Millaard April 22nd, 2010 08:46 AM

This is from personal experience with a beta version, so the figures may change with the final release, but the main performance gain is with encoding. In the PPBM4 home page benchmark, my score was 38.0 seconds with CS4 and it dropped to 23.3 seconds with CS5.

Had to check first whether I was allowed to answer this under the NDA.

David Dwyer April 22nd, 2010 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harm Millaard (Post 1518002)
This is from personal experience with a beta version, so the figures may change with the final release, but the main performance gain is with encoding. In the PPBM4 home page benchmark, my score was 38.0 seconds with CS4 and it dropped to 23.3 seconds with CS5.

Oh this is good news!

Marty Baggen April 22nd, 2010 09:47 AM

Quote:

Nice info... thanks Harm

Brant Gajda April 23rd, 2010 06:07 AM

Quote:

Thanks a bunch