DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Anybody into Prem Pro title designing? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/477407-anybody-into-prem-pro-title-designing.html)

Bruce Pelley April 22nd, 2010 03:34 PM

Anybody into Prem Pro title designing?

Hi,

I'm looking for some good looking titles to use as graphic design is not my forte.

Do you Gents have any reccomendations or suggestions from any sources (whether online or off) where I could learn how to do it myself to some degree of professionality step by step or even some downloadable freebies which could be tweaked and edited to taste would be great! Video online tutorial would be nice.

Also, if you also happen to use Photoshop, I'd like to find some nice styles for the lettering too.

Any help appreciated.

Thank you

Battle Vaughan April 22nd, 2010 09:23 PM

I recall a Lynda.com tutorial, which is, of course, how to use the software more than a tutorial in design theory, but it might be a start. $25 a month for unlimited use, pretty good tutorials on a lot of different software and topics....

Bruce Pelley April 23rd, 2010 10:01 AM

I took a look at the sugegsted website however the turnoff is the $25 per month. To me it's not worth that to just address this one area.

Thanks for you input.

Ray Bell April 23rd, 2010 10:30 AM

A nice selection of Fonts that are editable to your hearts content.... Digital Juice Fonts

Digital Juice Fonts by Digital Juice

And to further enhance the Fonts for great looking titles... look at the Digital Juice tutorials to see if this is what you want... or just use Pro animator by itself...

it would be Zaxwerks Pro animater

Zaxwerks Video Tutorials

Ervin Farkas April 23rd, 2010 01:26 PM

There is not much you can do in PremPro as far as titles. All the good looking ones are made in After Effects or third party applications. If you have AE, there are some good tutorials and even free templates on the web.

Tim Kolb April 23rd, 2010 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ervin Farkas (Post 1518504)
There is not much you can do in PremPro as far as titles. All the good looking ones are made in After Effects or third party applications. If you have AE, there are some good tutorials and even free templates on the web.

Um...I'd disagree...

The Premiere Pro Title Designer is the best internal NLE title tool available. Animation and that sort of thing are available in AE and Motion, etc., but a basic title with really versatile and easy to manipulate text attributes can't be done any better in any baseline titler in any NLE that I know of...

If you want to add some typestyles and some templates to Premiere Pro, I made some a while back...I think you can use them in the newest Title Designer...

Check them here: Scroll down. They're free.

Adobe Premiere Pro User's Page

Rich Perry April 28th, 2010 07:18 PM

The PP title program is great, but many of the stock fonts and effects are on the really cheesy side. Nevertheless it's very functional and works extremely well considering it has a bunch of features including importing logo's images etc. I would like to see a few more integrated features but I can't seem to figure out center justify :)

Bruce Pelley April 28th, 2010 08:07 PM

Back in the converstaion

Tim, thanks for your style donation which appreciated and put to use!

The Zaxwerkes and Digital Juice suggestions will be explored.

What do you gents do for the "lower thirds" end of the title graphic design spectrum?

Has does D Juice work? Are their styles directly importable into PP?

Thanks again.

Rich Perry April 28th, 2010 09:36 PM

I forgot to mention in my last post, I downloaded Tim's styles, very cool Tim, thanks so much for sharing!
For lower thirds I am using some custom designed graphics, also some Digital juice templates, these guys have hundreds of cool thirds and toolkits that work well with their Juicer 3 program for customization. I don't really like their fonts as they appear quite amateurish IMHO, I prefer more of a simplistic approach to fonts and credit roll etc overall. I think really depends on the production though, so often less is more.

The "Juicer" software provided by digital juice is a proprietary software package that you need to install on your PC that only works with their toolkits / graphic CD's or authorized vendor content CD's. It's has some limitations (can't download purchased online content into it, you have to use shipped CD's). After importing CD content you can basically build your own styles or graphics, within the set parameters of their themes (be it lower thirds, backgrounds, overlays or fonts etc) and output multiple frame rates and resolutions that you then import into your NLE. It's an extra step to be sure, but works very well as they have some very nicely designed ans professional graphic elements. It's really work checking out if you have not already done so!

Ervin Farkas April 29th, 2010 05:40 AM

Another vote for DJ

Digital Juice has thousands of products, and as with anything else, some are very good and some are on the cheesy side - but that is the case with pretty much any piece of art. In the end it's a matter of taste, and choosing the right graphic element for the targeted audience is paramount.

As a side note, depending on your NLE, you may or may not need to use the Juicer to customize your lower thirds/transitions/backgrounds/etc.

I used them all directly in Edius with no problems.