DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Encore CS5 Library (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/478313-encore-cs5-library.html)

Jun Galinato May 7th, 2010 07:57 PM

Encore CS5 Library

Has anybody tried the new encore cs5? Where's the libray files? I copied my CS3 libray to CS5 and it works just fine but I still want the original CS5 library. I bought an upgrage from CS3 by download.

Thanks,
Jun

Harm Millaard May 8th, 2010 03:46 AM

Like with CS4, it will probably a separate download. Go to your account and check that.

Jun Galinato May 8th, 2010 05:13 PM

Thanks Harm. Yes, it is in my account as a separate download and separate installation. I know I did it before already when upgrading from 1.5 to cs3 but that's 2 years ago.

Jun

Jay West May 8th, 2010 10:54 PM

Jun --

I just ran into the same problem but I'm not finding the separate download. What does Adobe call the download with the Encore libraries?

Jun Galinato May 8th, 2010 10:59 PM

In your download, you should have a separate downloads as this:

Adobe Premiere Pro CS5: Download contains additional ReadMe files plus content (menus, buttons, and backgrounds) for Adobe Encore CS5.
Windows, Multiple Languages

Jun

Jay West May 9th, 2010 09:06 AM

Okay, I got it.

For the benefit of anybody who might have the same problem, here's how it works.

When I downloaded CS5 Production Premium to a Win 7 system, I wound up up with something like 14 compressed files in my download folder. (In case you need to know, the content files are called "ProductionPremium_Master Collection_CS5Content_ALL.exe.") As with CS4, I ran each "exe" file to unpack the compressed downloads into a directory/folder. The default location seems to be a folder with a name like "c:\users\administrator\desktop" (for "administrator" substitute the log-on or account name if you are using one.)

Under Win 7, the upacking also placed a "CS5 Production Premium" Premium folder on my desktop screen. Naturally, I assumed this was for installation of the software. I clicked on that desktop folder, found "setup.exe" and installed Production Premium.

What I had not realized is that, although the unpacking placed a CS5 folder on the desktop screen, there were actually two new folders in my user-desktop directory. When I used the file manager (windows explorer) to navigate to the directory --- instead of going from the desktop screen --- I found I had two CS5 folders one named "c:\users\administrator\desktop\AdobeCS5ProductionPremium," and the other named "c:\users\administrator\desktop\AdobeCS5." The first one had the "setup.exe" file that I had run to install the applications.

The other, named "c:\users\administrator\desktop\AdobeCS5," was the one with the content files. Within the "AdobeCS5" folder (as opposed to "CS5Production Premium" folder) there was subfolder called "PremiereProFamilyContentInstallers" which had further subfolders for Premiere and Encore, each containing its own "setup.exe" file. I had to run each of those setup.exe files to install the content to its respective application.