DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Trying to make Blu Ray Disc from Encore CS3! help (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/479306-trying-make-blu-ray-disc-encore-cs3-help.html)

Adam Gold May 24th, 2010 02:44 PM

But how did you export from Premiere? Or are they raw files from the cam? There's a LOT to it, otherwise you would be getting the results you want.

Silas Barker May 24th, 2010 02:46 PM

Used the AME with 1440 x 1080 mpg settings.

Adam Gold May 24th, 2010 03:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's the window I get when exporting to AME. Can you post yours?

Also, what happens if you just try "Export to Encore" from Premiere? I've had much better luck doing that than in going out via AME.

Silas Barker May 24th, 2010 03:15 PM

I cant post mine, but is that really the problem?

Encore sees the files as 1440 by 1080, so thats no problem and the files can also be imported into premiere pro and are visable as HD files...

The real question is if its normal for Encore to show the timelines as SD even for Blu Ray projects??

Adam Gold May 24th, 2010 03:18 PM

No, it's not normal.

Can't know if that's the problem until we see it, obviously.... As we can't sit at your PC and fiddle around with it, we can only go on the info you provide, which so far isn't very much, without screen grabs. Wish I could help more. Sounds like a very frustrating problem and would like to help you get to the bottom of it.

EDIT: Stupid question, but you are using Blu-Ray discs in a Blu-Ray burner, yes?

Silas Barker May 24th, 2010 03:29 PM

I can't post screenshots right now, but I'll try later on if you think that will help...

Any suggestions or anything? I could try importing a different HD format and see if that makes a difference I guess?

Basically the timeline right now, in Encore, appears as standard resolution and when you try to build it "transcodes for DVD"

Yes I am using Blu Ray Discs

Adam Gold May 24th, 2010 03:36 PM

Blu-Ray discs in a blu-Ray burner?

Clearly something got downconverted somewhere along the line. Yes, obviously I think posting screen grabs would help or else I wouldn't have asked for them like sixteen times. And yes, try my suggestion above: Import the clips into Premiere, put them on the timeline, and choose File > Export > Export to Encore and make sure you select Blu-Ray settings. Tell us what happens.

Everything I can think of is above. I'm out of ideas until we get the info we need. Maybe someone more expert at Premiere than I can weigh in. But I've had countless flawless BD burns straight from the Premiere timeline in CS3 this way, using the method described above.

Could everything be perfect as you say, yet still delivering unacceptable results? Sure. Could it be a bug in Encore? Sure. Is it more likely you've overlooked some getting somewhere? Almost certainly, because that's almost always what it is.

But again, unless you post the info we need and try the suggestions we've made and tell us the results, I'm stumped. If it's transcoding for DVD it's becasue you told it to, somewhere.

Silas Barker May 24th, 2010 03:38 PM

Ok, I'll work on getting more infor and screenshots, just can't do it right now.

I really appreciate the input too!!!!!!!!

Your the man!!!!!!!!

I'll fiddle with it more probably tomorrow,

Adam Gold May 24th, 2010 03:44 PM

On the "Build" tab in the project Window, you have selected Blu-Ray as format and Blu-Ray disc as output, yes?

Silas Barker May 24th, 2010 04:05 PM

yes I did that