DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   How to "replace" timeline in Encore CS4 and Keep DVD Chapters/Structure? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/480805-how-replace-timeline-encore-cs4-keep-dvd-chapters-structure.html)

Ken Kaiser June 22nd, 2010 08:29 PM

How to "replace" timeline in Encore CS4 and Keep DVD Chapters/Structure?

I have built a project in PPCS4 and then used dynamic link to go to Encore CS4 and build a DVD/BluRay. I have all the chapter markers in, all the menu links laid out, etc...

But I found a slight editing error (a scene transition that I wanted to change). It is simple to fix it in PPCS4, but I can't figure out how to simply replace the fixed timeline in Encore CS4 and keep the exisiting chapter markers, menu's, etc...

I don't want to have to rebuild the entire disc structure, just replace the video with the corrected timeline. It is exactly the same length and everything, I just fixed one goof.

Is this possible?

Peter Manojlovic June 22nd, 2010 10:09 PM

A common occurence.

A) Try deleting the assets in the problematic timeline..
B) Then Close Project. Restart project.
C) Then go to project bin, reselect .Wav and video file.
D) Re-Create the timeline. Re-Link everyting.
Hopefully this will work...

If it doesn't work, i'll give you my other fix method.

Good luck!!!

Robert Young June 22nd, 2010 11:37 PM

I use a different workflow for DVD, but I'm wondering:
If you imported the PPro project to Encore via DL, if you just make your change in PPro, shouldn't the Encore asset automatically be updated via DL?
That's how it works with AE and PPro.

Bill Engeler June 23rd, 2010 12:13 PM

If the sequence is dynamically linked, it will update without any trouble.

Open Encore, go to the Project window.
find the sequence. If it says Untranscoded, any changes you make in Premiere will immediately show up in Encore.

If it says Transcoded, right-click on the name of the sequence and choose Revert to Original. Now you will see any changes made in the sequence.

Steve Pesenti June 23rd, 2010 03:02 PM

If you aren't using Dynamic Link, but have recreated and exported a new video asset from Pro to a folder on your hard drive, you can then select the old project video asset in the Encore timeline view, select Replace Asset and pick the new asset you have just created from its folder location. This will then import into Encore and replace the asset in your timeline but retain chapter markers and links, etc.

Peter Manojlovic June 23rd, 2010 03:24 PM

Yes, this is all fine and dandy...

But i've ran into issues that many other people run into at the Adobe Forums...For some reason, in some cases Dynamic Link doesn't deliver.
Unfortunately, there must be some sort of corruption going on.

You must either do my suggestion, or easily re-create a new Sequence in Premiere, and reimport into Encore..
I'm working with CS4...

George Kilroy July 23rd, 2010 01:47 AM

I've had to do this a few times in CS4 and I can concur with Bill's post above. Make your changes in Premiere and save but keep Premiere open then move to Encore and right click on the sequence in Encore's project window and select revert to original. That should update Encore's timeline. If you've previously transcoded, for example to make a trial disc,Encore will have to transcode again.

I have a slightly different problem with Encore. Maybe someone can help me with. In my previous version (CS2) I could jump along the chapter markers from the the playback controls in the monitor window. Those next and back chapter point buttons don't seem to be there in this CS4. Has anyone else noticed this and do you have a way of jumping to chapter points?