DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   How do I put 2 sequences together? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/481545-how-do-i-put-2-sequences-together.html)

Bruce Pelley July 7th, 2010 07:31 PM

How do I put 2 sequences together?

My project timeline in Prem Pro 3.2 is comprised of 2 sequences.

Each sequence is series of edited clips.

There is one sequence on the “main” tab & the other on the next/another.

How do I put/in essence..... marry the sequences together on the same timeline?

Their order is important.

Nothing I can think of works.

Thank you.

Brian Brown July 7th, 2010 10:30 PM

Create a new sequence to the proper settings, and then just drag each of your sequences into the timeline. This is known as "nesting" sequences, and is very powerful for longer projects.

Hope this helps...

Robert Young July 7th, 2010 10:33 PM

The simplest way is to "nest" the second sequence on the first sequence timeline.
In your project file window, select the second sequence icon and just drag it to the end of the first sequence timeline.
You can look up "nested sequence" in PPro help for more details.

David Jonas July 8th, 2010 06:13 AM

Is there a way to access sequences and custom effects from previous projects?

Bruce Pelley July 8th, 2010 03:35 PM

Thanks Brian & Robert.

Sucess!

Ann Bens July 8th, 2010 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Jonas (Post 1546423)
Is there a way to access sequences and custom effects from previous projects?

Yes, when you import a Premiere project into a new Project you get an option to import the entire project or selected sequences.

You export the custom preset (right click on the preset) from the old project in CS4 on to the hard drive.
Then import the preset from the hard drive into the custom presets bin of CS5.

David Jonas July 8th, 2010 07:24 PM

Thanks. I had figured out the sequences but not the presets.

Kevin Monahan December 7th, 2010 06:46 PM

More Information about Combining Two or More Sequences

Hello,
I thought that you might like to have more details on combining sequences, or as we call it in Premiere Pro land, "Nesting". It does sound more complicated than it really is, so be sure to read more details about the uses and techniques for nesting. These pages from Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 Help should help you comprehend nesting and other topics from this thread a bit more clearly.

Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 * Nest sequences
Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 * Effect presets

Mike McCarthy December 9th, 2010 11:49 AM

The other option is to copy and paste all of the clips from the second sequence onto the end of the first sequence. Just select all of the clips in the second sequence and choose copy (CTRL+C) and then open the first sequence. With the CTI at the end of your existing content, make sure that the Video 1 and Audio 1 tracks are selected and choose paste (CTRL+V). This will combine the content from both of your sequences into one, in a way that will amke it easier to make changes to either section. Nesting should work fine too though, it depend of how you want to work. I would recommend trying both, so you know either option for future needs.

Kevin Monahan December 9th, 2010 12:20 PM

Thanks!

It's a very good option you pointed out, Mike. Thanks a lot!

Mikael Couderc December 10th, 2010 06:06 AM

Hi,
Is there any way to nest ala Avid?
ie: load your sequence into the source monitor, and insert it inside your new sequence whilst being able to enable/disable/assign tracks?
Traditional Premiere nesting results in one track of V and one of A.
Copy/Paste method isn't versatile enough when it comes to track management.
Any idea?

Roger Averdahl December 11th, 2010 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikael Couderc (Post 1596986)
ie: load your sequence into the source monitor, and insert it inside your new sequence whilst being able to enable/disable/assign tracks?

Right click on the Sequence in the Project panel and choose Open in Source Monitor. That opens the Sequence as a regular video clip.

It has limitations when it comes to audio though. If the Sequence you open in the Source has a Stereo master track, the audio you insert to the other Sequence comes in as one stereo clip and not two mono clips. Sometimes this can be an issue, sometimes not.

Mikael Couderc December 12th, 2010 01:11 AM

Roger Averdahl wrote:
Right click on the Sequence in the Project panel and choose Open in Source Monitor. That opens the Sequence as a regular video clip.

Yeah, but I then loose all track remapping flexibility. For instance, let's say I've got a sequence with 3 video tracks and 2 audio tracks (sequence001), and another sequence (master sequence) with 5 video layers and 2 audio tracks.
I wanna insert video tracks 1 and 3 (but not 2) of Sequence001 into video tracks 3 and 4 of Master sequence.
If I load sequence001 into the source monitor, it appears as one single clip, preventing me to reassign my tracks.
The only way I've got to do that is to open the sequence, manually select all clips on each track I wanna 'transfer' and copy/paste it onto MAster sequence (looong process)
I might be missing something here, but my brain still thinks Avid, where loading a sequence into the source monitor lets you do just what I described.
Any way to do that in PPro?

Roger Averdahl December 12th, 2010 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikael Couderc (Post 1597635)
Yeah, but I then loose all track remapping flexibility. For instance, let's say I've got a sequence with 3 video tracks and 2 audio tracks (sequence001), and another sequence (master sequence) with 5 video layers and 2 audio tracks.
I wanna insert video tracks 1 and 3 (but not 2) of Sequence001 into video tracks 3 and 4 of Master sequence.
If I load sequence001 into the source monitor, it appears as one single clip, preventing me to reassign my tracks.

Any way to do that in PPro?

No, i am afraid that copy and paste is the only way to do that today.

However, it sounds like really great Feature Request, so please file it so we hopefully can see this useful feature in the future: Adobe - Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Adobe reads each Feature Request and do listen to its customers. :)

Mikael Couderc December 12th, 2010 09:19 AM

Hi Roger, and thanx for your reply.
With regards to filing feature requests to Adobe, I've done that a lot lately!
Hopefully a few of my requests will make it to one of the next releases.
May I suggest to everybody who liked that feature to fill out an Adobe request form as well. I gather the more people requesting the same thing the more likely it is Adobe will consider releasing it...
G'day