DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   How do you do this edit? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/494976-how-do-you-do-edit.html)

Patrick Janka April 23rd, 2011 09:54 AM

How do you do this edit?
Hey, this is probably a simple thing, but I'm wondering how the edit was done between the first two shots where it transitions from them on the ledge to below it. It's completely seamless. Thanks in advance!

Rob Morse April 23rd, 2011 12:57 PM

Re: How do you do this edit?
It's not a transition. Probably shot off a tripod, he relocated them to different areas of the bench. Once it was shot, there would be numerous ways to create the effect.

Patrick Janka April 23rd, 2011 01:17 PM

Re: How do you do this edit?
Rob, I know it's not a "transition" in Premiere, I meant, how do I transition between the two shots so seamlessly? It's as if he panned the camera and there was an identical couple sitting next to them. I don't see any crossfade.

Ann Bens April 23rd, 2011 01:29 PM

Re: How do you do this edit?
Just a guess:
Shot seperately, used a still from the clips and did a split screen.

Bill Engeler April 24th, 2011 01:41 AM

Re: How do you do this edit?
It's cute effect. My guess as to how - the shot was filmed very wide, so that both seating positions are in frame. Tha camera is locked off for the two takes. Then it's just a matter of splitting the screen, feathering the line, precomposing, then doing a pan and scan to move from one couple to the other. Probably easier to do in After Effects than Pr.

The problem with this way is the loss of resolution, but it might not be so noticeable with the titles and all.

Ryan Czaplinski April 25th, 2011 10:12 PM

Re: How do you do this edit?

That's how I was gonna say I thought they did it. And it does look like some resolution loss. I'd say I'd be safe doing this if the native resolution was going to be a 16:9 SD video, but if it was outputting to HD then I wouldn't have zoomed in this far because that would have been very noticeable to me.

It's also possible it was shot with 2 different locked off shots and then blended that way, but usually panning and tilting with the camera can cause some lens distortion.

Rob Morse April 26th, 2011 08:33 PM

Re: How do you do this edit?
It would be fairly easy in AE. Most likely a combination of what Ann & Bill mentioned. 1st shoot the couple wide shot all the way to the left. 2nd shoot the couple wide all the way to the right. It would then be easy to create an extra wide composition (to make it easy to line up the clips) and the footage in the middle would match up seamlessly. Parent the 2nd clip to the first clip, set your key frames and change the composition back to the originally shot settings and tweak it from there. Seamless transition.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:19 AM.

DV Info Net -- Real Names, Real People, Real Info!
1998-2020 The Digital Video Information Network