DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   CORNER PIN Effect Adds Very Slight Blur (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/496458-corner-pin-effect-adds-very-slight-blur.html)

Wesley Cardone May 26th, 2011 08:37 PM

CORNER PIN Effect Adds Very Slight Blur

Has anyone noticed that when you use CORNER PIN it gives the image a slight blur. You might not notice it if you wern't looking for it. This is in CS5. CS5.5 came in the mail today and I will install it next week but I am guessing it will not be any different.

Wesley Cardone May 29th, 2011 04:41 AM

Re: CORNER PIN Effect Adds Very Slight Blur

I use this effect often enough that I will have to keep my dual boot configuration (WinXP/Win7) up for the forseeable future or at least until Adobe fixes this. The corner pin effect in the Matrox RT.X2 in CS3 works very nicely and I have come to depend on it. There is no discernable blur when you use it. Matrox's support for RT.X2 is ending with CS5 so you would think that the CS5 release of RT.X2 would at least include its corner pin effect but Matrox dropped it from its CS5 release and is not supporting CS5.5 at all.

Steve Kalle May 29th, 2011 01:10 PM

Which program and when do you see this slight blur?

I just used the Corner Pin in Premiere last week and saw no blur except when I clicked on the image within the Program window which is normal. Any time you click on the image in the Program window, Premiere seems to downgrade the rendered image.

Wesley Cardone May 29th, 2011 01:30 PM

I haven't tried transcoding out to see what the result is. Once I saw the bluring I dropped it at that. Doing the same thing except in WinXP/CS3 using Matrox RT.X2's corner pin there is no discernable bluring. I should note that most people would not notice it unless you are looking for it. Also, I only tweak the pins moving them slightly.

Lloyd Coleman May 30th, 2011 11:40 AM

I tried this with a couple of different projects and formats in CS5 and after looking very carefully, did not see any blurring.

Wesley Cardone June 3rd, 2011 09:25 AM

I should mention that I am also using a Colorista II effect on the same sequence. That could very well be the source of the problem. I have found that it is necessary to have the Colorista II effect preceede the corner pin effect. Not doing so nullifies the corner pin effect functionality completely. That alone tells me that there is at least some interaction between the two.

In a few days I'll do some more testing when I get some time.

Wesley Cardone July 2nd, 2011 05:17 PM

I was able to re-visit this after having installed CS5.5 together with Colorista II and there is no longer any bluring associated with the corner pin effect.

Shawn Altorio July 4th, 2011 07:44 AM

I've noticed blur appearing on a number of different transitions (like Page Peel) since upgrading to CS5 recently. I spent some time attempting to find a workaround, but in the end wasn't able to make those particular transitions work without the blur (which did show up upon rendering), so I had to use other transitions.

It's good to hear that CS5.5 seems to fix this issue. That's one more reason to push for the upgrade.