DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Premiere / After effects - How to move footage from one to to the other? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/498493-premiere-after-effects-how-move-footage-one-other.html)

Syeed Ali July 16th, 2011 06:49 AM

Premiere / After effects - How to move footage from one to to the other?

Got a small problem that I can't get my head around.

I've imported a Premier Pro 5.5 sequence into After effects (5.5) and used the warp stabilizer effect on it. Everything works great, but I can't seem to export the finished sequence back into Premiere Pro as part of the main project.

How do I get that sequence with the effect back into the Premiere pro project so I can view it in Premier Pro?

Bart Walczak July 16th, 2011 11:01 AM

Re: Premiere / After effects - How to move footage from one to to the other?

If it is a single clip, it's better to use "Replace with After Effects composition" option from menu. It might also work if you have multiple clips selected. This way you immediately have the clips back in PPro.

But if you have not done that, you can always import after effects project in Ppro (drag it to the project window or use import function), select the composition that you want to put into Premiere, and then treat it as a normal clip.

Walter Brokx July 16th, 2011 02:27 PM

You are trying to make an 'infinite loop'.
You put A into B and now try to put B into A, while A is in B.
(A= Premier Pro Project, B = After Effect Project)

You can make a new Premiere Pro Project (C) to import/embed B in.
This may not be as 'cool' as the infinite loop where all is in 1 project, but this way you keep the flexibility to edit in A if needed, adjust in B and change things in C.

Or, when you are certain about your edit in A: copy the content of the timeline into B (AE), do the things you want and put B into A (which is no problem, because A is not placed in B).
This let's you edit the AE-project in Premiere, but when you need to change a shot in the original edit, it's less conveniant. (But you can still copy that shot to AE and embed it as a seperate shot to put in in the right place in Premiere Pro.)
Or use the method Bart describes: this comes close to the 'copy timeline-content to AE'.

Or you do the move to AE as a final stage and export the project as a videofile, so you don't need to go back to Premiere Pro.

David Beisner July 22nd, 2011 09:52 AM

Walter's right... if you've used Dynamic Link to bring your PrPro sequence into AE, there's no need to export from AE. Simply save it, alt/option + tab back over to Premiere, and you'll see your changes in place!

That's the beauty of working completely in Adobe...

Syeed Ali August 12th, 2011 02:53 AM

Thanks for that and apologies for the late reply.

Seems I should really get to know how to use AE.

Thanks again.