DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Exporting from time line in CS5.5 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/501500-exporting-time-line-cs5-5-a.html)

Dan Asseff October 11th, 2011 02:22 PM

Exporting from time line in CS5.5

I am working on my first wedding on CS5.5 and so far I love it. But I am having trouble exporting out from the timeline. I used the H.264 blue ray setting and the video wouldn't play in windows media player, is there a better setting for burning to blue ray? Also the audio is separate, is there any way to export as one file? Hope you can steer me in the right direction.

Dan

Ann Bens October 12th, 2011 11:33 AM

Re: Exporting from time line in CS5.5

.m4v will play on Premiere's timeline or AE or Encore.
If you change the extention m4v to mts the file will play in Power DVD.
Its better to use two files, one for audio and one for video. Otherwise Encore has to demux (seperate audio from video) the files first before making it in a BD.

Dan Asseff October 12th, 2011 07:47 PM

Ann,
Thank you for the reply. I exported it as a H.264 setting and it look and played perfect and was in a one file. What is the use for the H.264 blueray? Thank you

Dan

Ann Bens October 13th, 2011 10:59 AM

H.264 is a beter codec then the mpeg2.
Again its best not to use the mulitplexer when going to BluRay.

Jeff Pulera October 17th, 2011 08:18 AM

Hi Dan,

Just as DVD requires an MPEG-2 file with specific specs, H.264 for Blu-ray files must use certain parameters - not just any H.264 file will work. So export to "H.264 for Blu-ray" to create compliant video and audio files.

There is a good reason for this - Encore will NOT need to transcode the video again, since it is Blu-ray ready, and the audio is simply a .wav file and Encore will convert that to AC-3 Dolby for the disc. Clean and simple. Like Ann said, if you combine them, Encore then has to separate them again (and re-render the video then!) in order to create the Blu-ray material.

As for wanting to play the H.264 file in a media player, it's not meant for that, burn it to Blu-ray as intended. If you need to test the results, keep a rewritable disc on hand for proofing.

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Dan Asseff October 17th, 2011 03:04 PM

Jeff,

Thank you for that answer, that make sense to me now. I was not sure if it worked when I exported to H.264 for Blu-ray because it wouldn't play right. Jeff one more question, were are the manuals. It would be a lot better if I had them in my hands instead of guessing what I am doing.

Dan

Jeff Pulera October 18th, 2011 09:33 AM

Hi Dan,

All docs are now online - if PC is online, just use HELP menu in Adobe apps to access.

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Dan Asseff October 18th, 2011 12:29 PM

Hi Jeff,

The only problem is I don't have my editing PC hooked up to the internet. I looked on Adobe site and can't find them.

Dan

Ann Bens October 18th, 2011 01:38 PM

You can download the manual in pdf. See righthand topcorner.
Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 & CS5.5 * Using Adobe Premiere Pro

Dan Asseff October 18th, 2011 03:15 PM

Ann,

That is what I have been looking for. Thank you

Dan