DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   DVD Authoring Question (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/502775-dvd-authoring-question.html)

Mark Hendren November 17th, 2011 11:28 AM

DVD Authoring Question

Okay, so here's my dilemma. I need to burn a 1.5 hour DVD to run in a monitor as a background. My source video is about 34 minutes of uncompressed AVI 720p HD footage. I have tried dropping it in an SD widescreen timeline and exporting an MPEG-2 DVD format file, exporting an MPEG-2 DVD file straight from the HD timeline, and I have sent the project to Encore. I haven't used Encore before, but have been on DVD Studio Pro in FCS for several years, so a lot of things transfer over.

Is there a way to do this that doesn't involve several hours of rendering, encoding, and exporting? I also will probably have to do this with other projects as well and want to develop a decent workflow that I can pass along to others. We also have Windows DVD Maker on the machine. Would it be easier to just export an SD AVI and let that do the chewing? These are not meant to be high-end DVDs. They are just to get the footage onto something playable.

Thanks!

Mark

Bart Walczak November 17th, 2011 12:00 PM

Re: DVD Authoring Question

One way or another you have to transcode your file to MPEG-2, but do it this way: import premiere project to Encore via dynamic link, place the 34-min. sequence in a loop mode (it will run indefinetly until it is turned off) or place the sequence three times in a timeline. Either way the encoding will only happen once for the 34-min sequence, and you'll get the best quality.

Alternatively you can export the 34-min. sequence to SD AVI and let Encore handle MPEG-2 encoding, but one way or the other you'll cut your rendering time seriously.

Jeff Pulera November 17th, 2011 03:30 PM

Re: DVD Authoring Question

Hi Mark,

If you have a decent PC workstation, such as any Core i7 machine, it should take less than an hour to encode AND burn the DVD, not "several hours". For encoding, just use CBR 7.0 data rate, multi-pass VBR unnecessary.

What are your system specs? Premiere version?

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Hendren (Post 1697766)
Okay, so here's my dilemma. I need to burn a 1.5 hour DVD to run in a monitor as a background. My source video is about 34 minutes of uncompressed AVI 720p HD footage. I have tried dropping it in an SD widescreen timeline and exporting an MPEG-2 DVD format file, exporting an MPEG-2 DVD file straight from the HD timeline, and I have sent the project to Encore. I haven't used Encore before, but have been on DVD Studio Pro in FCS for several years, so a lot of things transfer over.

Is there a way to do this that doesn't involve several hours of rendering, encoding, and exporting? I also will probably have to do this with other projects as well and want to develop a decent workflow that I can pass along to others. We also have Windows DVD Maker on the machine. Would it be easier to just export an SD AVI and let that do the chewing? These are not meant to be high-end DVDs. They are just to get the footage onto something playable.

Thanks!

Mark