DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Premiere, Intensity and Looks (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/505521-premiere-intensity-looks.html)

Marc Salvatore February 24th, 2012 02:57 AM

Premiere, Intensity and Looks

I'm trying to learn Premiere and I'm using the HDMI output of the intensity card for monitoring. However when I go into the MB Looks interface I am unable to use the eternal monitor option (from within Looks) because I cannot figure out how to make Premiere let go of the preview before opening Looks. In Sony Vegas I just disable the external monitor button before opening Looks. I've searched all of the Premiere preferences with no success. Any ideas?

Thanks, Marc

Dominik Krol February 24th, 2012 05:14 PM

Re: Premiere, Intensity and Looks

Sequence > Sequence Settings > Playback Settings > Check "Disable Video output when in the background"

Marc Salvatore February 24th, 2012 06:06 PM

Thanks Dominik,

The only setting option I have though in the blackmagic playback settings is: "Turn off dropped frame warning". I'm using Premiere CS5.5.

Marc Salvatore February 24th, 2012 06:36 PM

Just got this response from Red Giant support:

Hi Marc,

Sorry for the troubles. This is a known issue we are experiencing with Looks. It is being caused by a bug in the video card driver. Unfortunately this is out of our control at the moment as we are waiting for Black magic to resolve this issue. I am not sure of a workaround in Premiere. Perhaps you can try changing the external device in the playback settings.

I will attach this case to the bug notification list and you will be informed when an update to resolve this is available.

Dominik Krol February 24th, 2012 09:40 PM

yes of course.. then your only option is to run the sequence as a non BM timeline, and only use external monitoring while in MB Looks.

But this must be a rather new issue. I remember being able to use the Intensity with MB Looks and not having to switch off the external monitoring.

Walter Brokx February 25th, 2012 07:30 PM

Could there be a connection by BlackMagic's acquisition of Da Vinci?
(Just a thought...)

Dominik Krol February 26th, 2012 05:37 PM

No I tried reinstalling an older driver from BM and it did not help.. I also tried an older Magic Bullet version, still no help.. Maybe I remember wrong when I said that this has worked in the past. But Im pretty positive, since I used it in the same way Marc did, and I would have remembered if there were issues like this..

But most of the time I dont even use the Black Magic timeline, because it's so slow in playback.

Sometimes what I do is have two timeline sequences, one from BM and one regular. Then I put the regular sequence into the BM timeline while grading, and thereby able to switch between cutting and grading.