DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   After Effects CS6 (11.0.1) and Premiere Pro CS6 (11.0.1) updates available (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/508027-after-effects-cs6-11-0-1-premiere-pro-cs6-11-0-1-updates-available.html)

Todd Kopriva May 24th, 2012 11:53 PM

After Effects CS6 (11.0.1) and Premiere Pro CS6 (11.0.1) updates available

After Effects CS6 and Premiere Pro CS6 bug-fix updates are available, with performance improvements and some new features. Details here: updates for Adobe Media Encoder, Premiere Pro, After Effects, Prelude, and SpeedGrade Premiere Pro work area

Install the updates and let us know how they work for you. They should solve a lot of problems.

Syeed Ali May 25th, 2012 04:22 AM

Re: After Effects CS6 (11.0.1) and Premiere Pro CS6 (11.0.1) updates available

Just installed it and now Premiere no longer works.

Software stops loading at "Loading ExporterQuickTimeHost.prm

EDIT: Now loads up but takes a lot longer to do and seems to stall at the above point.

Dan Tolbertson May 25th, 2012 06:50 AM

Same here. it hangs at the same point. how does adobe let these things out with catching this kind of stuff?
mine still has not finished loading and has been stuck on the item for awhile now.

Todd Kopriva May 25th, 2012 05:54 PM

I've seen a couple of reports of this, and they were resolved by uninstalling and then re-installing, and then re-applying the patch.

In all of the cases that I've seen, it occurs when you apply the update with Premiere Pro running, as opposed to running the updater from Bridge as recommended.

Alister Chapman May 28th, 2012 01:15 AM

Since the update Premiere CS6 has become very buggy. It hangs when playing back AVCHD on my MacBook Pro when using the hardware CL mercury engine. It's basically unusable after applying the patch.

Todd Kopriva May 28th, 2012 01:19 AM

What operating system?

If Mac OS, we very strongly recommend Mac OSX v10.7.4. Apple made some fixes for OpenCL that coordinate with fixes that we made in the 6.0.1 update.

Dan Tolbertson May 28th, 2012 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd Kopriva (Post 1735039)
I've seen a couple of reports of this, and they were resolved by uninstalling and then re-installing, and then re-applying the patch.

In all of the cases that I've seen, it occurs when you apply the update with Premiere Pro running, as opposed to running the updater from Bridge as recommended.

That did not work for me. it still hangs after re installing (through Bridge) i really think it may be boiling down to a Norton issue? that seems to be a common denominator from what I am reading.

Mike Beckett May 28th, 2012 10:38 AM

Same here. Norton quarantines a file from CS6 incorrectly. Adobe are hopefully getting Norton to fix this. Restoring the file didn't help me. Load time was 5 mins plus, sitting looking at that QuickTime plugin name on the splash screen.

PP was not running during the update.

I deleted that QuickTime plugin that it hangs on (keeping a backup) and loading seems OK now. I'm assuming that I've lost some functionality to do with QuickTime, but that's not a biggie for me. I'm in the middle of some projects and another reinstall isn't appealing right now.

Ray Bell May 28th, 2012 01:27 PM

Do these updates fix the issue for when I load a CS6 project I get a error message that says something to the effect... " quicktime does not support this screen resolution" ??

Todd Kopriva May 28th, 2012 05:58 PM

It does appear that Norton is blocking things incorrectly here. I'll see if I can get this information to the right folks to address it.

Kawika Ohumukini May 29th, 2012 12:03 AM

It is Norton. I had to add c:\program files (x86)\common files\Adobe\installers\adobetemp\ to Signatures to Exclude from All Detections to get it to work.

btw, I agree. AVCHD file playback and jumping on the timeline is horrendously slow. I had to convert all my .mts files to mp4 just so I could complete a project. CS5.5 didn't have this problem. Several threads on the adobe forums about the problem.

Mike Beckett May 29th, 2012 01:39 AM

On Windows 7 64 bit, my 1080/50p MTS files are playing as well as ever.

I actually find the performance better than CS5, and rendering seems faster too - and I don't have a fancy Nvidia graphics card either.

To the Norton-bashers, every anti-virus software occasionally has false positives. At my work we've had to contact Norton, Mcafee and others to get our perfectly safe files off the black-list - software that works perfectly just stops some day after an update. It's just by chance that this time it's Norton flagging an incorrect file.

Todd Kopriva May 29th, 2012 09:18 AM

This morning, one of our engineers will submit some new information to Norton that should (nearly) immediately clear the files in our updater from being flagged for quarantine. This means that the next time that the Norton antivirus software runs, it shouldn't mis-identify these files as problematic. However, people for whom this has already occurred will need to either manually un-quarantine these files or uninstall and reinstall Premiere Pro CS6 and the update.

Kawika Ohumukini May 30th, 2012 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Beckett (Post 1735510)
On Windows 7 64 bit, my 1080/50p MTS files are playing as well as ever.

Adobe acknowledged the problem here. Seems large files reveal the problem.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Beckett (Post 1735510)
...To the Norton-bashers, every anti-virus software occasionally has false positives.

Also acknowledged by Adobe and they're working with Norton, good work guys. I didn't read any bashing unless you mean this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Beckett (Post 1735408)
Same here. Norton quarantines a file from CS6 incorrectly.

Cheers

Mike Beckett May 30th, 2012 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kawika Ohumukini (Post 1735761)
I didn't read any bashing unless you mean this.

Sorry, I was mixed up - the Norton bashing was on the Adobe forum, not here. Problem with my dreadful short-term memory!