DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Encore keeps freezing during build!! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/516039-encore-keeps-freezing-during-build.html)

Patrick Janka April 23rd, 2013 01:33 PM

Encore keeps freezing during build!!

1 Attachment(s)
1.) Created Encore project using one of the menus/submenus from their library.
2.) Imported Premiere timeline asset with Encore chapter markers.
3.) Linked all the items in the menus.
4.) Ran Check Project in Build tab, everything worked fine.
5.) Checked 12x speed to make sure no hiccups.
6.) Build Progress hangs at "Validating media. Setting timestamp."
7.) Force shut down freezes computers, must restart.
8.) Now Encore won't start because it's missing a .dll file.
9.) Run Windows Recovery to no avail. Download the .dll file from the 'net, now Encore starts, however, my Encore file won't open because it says, "Invalid Project File".
10.) Uninstall Encore, reinstall fresh, re-install updates.
11.) Still says "Invalid Project File"
12.) Re-build file from scratch, save two different copies.
13.) Attempt to build DVD
14.) Build Progress hangs at "Validating media. Setting timestamp."
15.) Now what??

Mike Beckett April 23rd, 2013 01:52 PM

Re: Encore keeps freezing during build!!

Patrick,

You've probably thought of this, but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

(1) Have you tried burning to a DVD image then using software like ImgBurn (free) to burn to disc? That might prove if it's an Encore problem or a wider problem with the DVD drive.

(2) Is it just one project, or does this happen with them all?

Frank Glencairn April 23rd, 2013 03:36 PM

This may sound strange, but try to start it with adminisistrator rights.

Patrick Janka April 23rd, 2013 07:07 PM

I uninstalled and re-installed the entire CS5 Production Premium Suite and all the updates. Encore still didn't work, and as a matter of fact, it crashed my whole PC a couple of times (which it did before re-installing, too). I tried to use the Task Manager to end the process, but it didn't work. Both of my monitors just went black and I had to manually restart the PC.

I then took Mike's advice and rendered a disk image and used ImgBurn to make the DVD's, which went off without a hitch. Thanks, Mike! Only problem now, is Encore is utterly useless. I haven't tried to burn any other projects because I need this one to be completed first (printing multiple copies of the DVD as I type), so perhaps it just didn't like that particular menu or timeline. Maybe I need to get new authoring software...

Patrick Janka April 23rd, 2013 07:24 PM

My only issue with ImgBurn is how long it takes to burn each disc. You would think after it compiles all the data, it can quickly spit out each successive disc after the first one. Apparently not.

Trevor Dennis April 23rd, 2013 11:02 PM

If this is still an issue (and it sounds like it is) then I'd go ask on the Adobe forums as there as Adobe tech guys reading the threads. Is this something that has developed on this system? Or has Encore never worked on it? What hardware are you using, and the BIG question, are all your drivers up to date? Encore is just too useful to have to fudge a workaround IMO.