DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   How do I make a DVD with my set up and Adobe CC? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/520579-how-do-i-make-dvd-my-set-up-adobe-cc.html)

Art White December 11th, 2013 08:19 AM

How do I make a DVD with my set up and Adobe CC?

I see the instructions to Dynamic Link to Encore CS6 but all I have is CS5 before I upgraded to CC and I can't Dynamic Link to that. I don't see where I can install it from the cloud either. Is my only option to go to Media Encoder and make a Mpeg DVD2?

Thanks
Art

Jeff Pulera December 11th, 2013 09:42 AM

Re: How do I make a DVD with my set up and Adobe CC?

Hi Art,

Correct, no DL with your setup. Just install whatever version of Encore you have alongside CC, then export to "MPEG-2 DVD" from Premiere. Import results (.m2v and .wav files) into Encore using "Import > As Timeline".

Thanks

Art White December 11th, 2013 12:54 PM

Thanks Jeff,
Kinda thought so. Still not bad and doable.

Art

Paul R Johnson December 11th, 2013 01:05 PM

as part of cc, you can download CS6. Adobe suggest installing premiere, which also installs Encore, then deleting premiere (or leaving it of course). You don't have the dynalink (big shame) but you will have encore CS6 - which is very, very close. I have carried on using encore CS5 which I had, and have not downloaded the free CS6.
P

Art White December 11th, 2013 02:10 PM

Paul,
Humm...I didn't read that anywhere. Musta missed it.I think I'm going to carry on like you. I've been with Adobe for a ton of years and CS5 has been the most stable on my rig by far.
Thanks
Art

Ann Bens December 11th, 2013 03:04 PM

Encore CS6 not installed with Creative Cloud

Art White December 11th, 2013 08:26 PM

This brings me to another problem. I'll post on a different thread but I have exceeded my disc capacity on my standard 4.7GB DVD. My project is 6.65. never done that before and I have no idea where to cut. BUT I have never used media encoder for MPEG DVD2 before either.

Mark Watson December 11th, 2013 11:12 PM

Could you go with a dual-layer DVD?

Mark Watson

Art White December 12th, 2013 08:15 AM

Mark,
I just checked my burner and it does do dual layer. Never done it before so I'm a little slow. I usually add artwork to the cover but I haven't found any dual layer ones like that or if they even make any.

Another Freshman question, do the people I make the DVD's for have to have a dual layer DVD player to play them?

Thanks
Art

Mark Watson December 12th, 2013 11:35 AM

Art,
You can get the single-sided, dual-layer DVDs with plain white printable surface. If you use printed, stick-on labels, you can do that also, just do a search for dual-layer DVD and you'll see there's a wide variety. I've played them in several different players and I think I only had trouble with one, an older laptop. I used to have to split my large projects across two DVDs, but the cost of dual-layer media has gone down and makes it a better option for me. You might be thinking about the double-sided DVDs, which you obviously cannot label. I haven't tried those, don't even recall seeing them for sale.

Mark Watson

== Lansing, Michigan. I worked in Holland, MI for a few years. Only thing I remember is the Klompendancers and winters seemed to be 8 months long. ==

Art White December 12th, 2013 02:15 PM

All is fine. Changed the Admin. setting for the DL version and it worked fine. Lowered the bit rate to come in just under 4.7 including motion menus and it's great! I can't tell the difference on my TV between the two.

Thanks for the help
Art