DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Rolling titles on CS5 PREMIERE PRO PROBLEM (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/522761-rolling-titles-cs5-premiere-pro-problem.html)

Roy Alexander April 15th, 2014 01:20 AM

Rolling titles on CS5 PREMIERE PRO PROBLEM

I am having a problem with making a rolling title do what I want it to do, and I hope someone can put me right. It might be me (usually is) or the titling programme is not working right. When I have finished putting the text in the title, no matter what number I put in the pre-roll box, even if I put no number in, the result on playback is always the same, it shows at least 10 SECONDS of black screen before the roll starts. If I extend the title clip on the timeline to make the roll slower, then the black screen at the beginning is progressively longer. Any suggestions welcome, Is it me or the titler not working correctly?

Alan Craven April 15th, 2014 04:52 AM

Re: Rolling titles on CS5 PREMIERE PRO PROBLEM

I've never found the titler settings for roll to be reliable and always create a static title and use keyframes to move as I want it.

Adam Gold April 15th, 2014 09:01 AM

Try lining up the text at the top of the box in the Title Window. Select it, grab it and drag the whole thing to the top of the Title Safe Area.

Roy Alexander April 16th, 2014 05:04 AM

ALAN. Thanks for your input. Other people on other forums have agreed with you about Adobe's titler being unreliable when using the roll settings. However I seem to have got round the problem and have at least got a roll that starts quickly. But I am limited the the amount of text I can use.

ADAM. It makes no difference where I place the text. Actually it is a long introductory description I am using that fills the titler screen.

Adam Gold April 16th, 2014 10:45 AM

For the benefit of others, what was your solution/workaround?

Roy Alexander April 16th, 2014 02:32 PM

ALAN. Maybe what I have got is not a genuine roll to some people but is suits me at the moment.
I first make my title as a default still and fill the title screen with as much text as possible. I then open the roll settings and click on default roll. I then click on the 'start of screen' box and then put in the number of frames I need in the Post Roll box. The result is that now the roll starts quickly and when all the message is on the screen it stays for the number of frames I selected. This result will not suit everyone and I wish I could use more text. I think perhaps I will try if I can put more text beyond the bottom of the title screen before I switch from Still to Roll and see what happens. Best wishes and thanks for your interest.

Dave O'Melia May 18th, 2014 06:26 PM

I ran into the same situation in a video I just did. How about putting the roll above the main video track and to the left enough to absorb some of the wait? Haven't tried this yet...

Ann Bens May 19th, 2014 09:38 AM

Workaround is to make the text in Photoshop and keyframe position in Premiere.

Nick Danaluk May 19th, 2014 10:37 AM

Nero works fine for me and that's rolling, fades, etc.

Dave O'Melia May 19th, 2014 06:57 PM

Just tried the method I described. Works very well. I make the text file in notepad...