DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   CS5 editing problem (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/524672-cs5-editing-problem.html)

Roy Alexander August 26th, 2014 07:42 AM

CS5 editing problem

I have a problem with editing with CS5 and for days I have tried different methods of solving it without any success. I hope I can exactly explain what is happening. I have a clip of a old photo displayed in a museum which in fact is a written record of a old miners history which accompanies another photo of the miner himself. The clip starts with the wording slightly off screen and then the camera pans along until the wording is all on show. After placing this clip on the time line of premiere pro 5 I then placed the indicator on the clip where the correct wording display started and clicked onto the little camera icon to export the frame as a still. I deleted the original shot from the time line and replaced it with the new image and expanded it to the time I wanted. Up to now all well and good. I then tranfered the completed video to Encore to make an ISO. In encore I played back the video and the wording clip showed correct. However when I tranfered the ISO to a DVD the wording was off screen as it was at the start of the original clip. Hopefully one or more of the kind and clever guys out there will tell me what if anything I have done. Thanks

Ian Lewis August 26th, 2014 08:06 AM

Re: CS5 editing problem

Odd, isn't it? I once had a similar experience, and it turned out to be stuck previews (old previews not recognising changes in the timeline), so it might be worth checking that all previews are deleted. The other thing I'd try that often solves this kind of problem is to create a new project and import your existing project file into it.

Ian

Roy Alexander August 26th, 2014 09:03 AM

IAN. Regretably none of the suggestions have worked. In fact I have now lost all my projects and can't get them back from the recycle bin. Serve me rioght for trying to be to clever.

Battle Vaughan August 26th, 2014 11:38 AM

Roy, look for your auto-save folder (Check edit >preferences>auto save to see if you have the feature enabled.) If autosave is enabled there should be an autosave folder with several earlier versions of your projects in the folder you send your projects to.

Roy Alexander August 26th, 2014 12:45 PM

Hi Battle. The auto save was not enabled, but by sheer good luck I have found the last version of the video I was working on which I had copied to another drive and so I am back in business but I still have not cured my original problem with the wording. cheers.

Ian Lewis August 27th, 2014 09:42 AM

It sounds as if you're rendering the DVD/mpeg video file in Encore - or rather, getting Encore to do it. What happens if you export an mpg file from Premiere first (which you can then import into your Encore project)?

In fact, do you still get the wrong video if you render just the troublesome section on the timeline? I've occasionally had sections of graphics with motion on them which locked up on exporting the whole sequence, but I could export just that small section, and then place it on the timeline instead of its components - a bit like what you're doing only more so...
Ian

Walter Brokx August 28th, 2014 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roy Alexander (Post 1859209)
IAN. Regretably none of the suggestions have worked. In fact I have now lost all my projects and can't get them back from the recycle bin. Serve me rioght for trying to be to clever.

Wow!
How did that happen?

Check this page, there might be a tool that works to get everything back (unless you are using that drive again. In that case deleted files can be overwritten.)

For the next time:
- enable auto-save
- designate a separate folder, preferrably on a different drive for previews. That way you can always find them easily and delete them without throwing everything away.

Roy Alexander August 29th, 2014 04:49 AM

Thanks everyone for their advice but I have now cured the problem with the wording problem and it was so simple that I am ashamed of not realising the answer earlier. Still I can always blame my age. Thanks again.