DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Legacy Titler Going Away?? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/538214-legacy-titler-going-away.html)

David Barnett July 7th, 2021 03:31 PM

Legacy Titler Going Away??

I mean, I'm sure the new Essential Graphics is better once one gets thru the learning curve, seems similar to After Effects pre-built library of motion text, but what's up with it? All I want is a basic text, change the font & size.

Guess I'll read thru their forum and some youtube videos, just seems an odd change for basic text. Didn't see a simple template but maybe cause I'm new to it. When did this occur last year? Is it pretty easy?

Paul R Johnson July 8th, 2021 12:25 AM

Re: Legacy Titler Going Away??

I find it so quick to use the old one, but I’m trying to not use it because one day, it will be missing when an update happens. The new one can do what I want but I simply don’t like the way it works.

Doug Jensen July 8th, 2021 08:14 AM

My feelings, exactly.
My dream is to have something with the power, speed, and flexibility of Keynote embedded into Premiere.

David Barnett July 12th, 2021 02:05 PM

Thanks everyone. Yeah Paul, I'm the same way. I have trouble learning things like that when I don't need to, it's only when I am on a project can I actually dive into it, but then deadlines kick in. Guess I'll have to dabble in it for a while.

I too foresee a day coming where the 'legacy' is no more, would hate to be stuck.

Doug Jensen July 12th, 2021 05:07 PM

There's no doubt about it going away. Every time I try to create a new legacy graphic a warning pops up to say it is going away soon.

David Barnett July 13th, 2021 09:59 AM

Yeah, I haven't edited a whole lot during covid so just started seeing the warning pop-ups recently I think. Anyway here's a good tutorial video I found, only about 20 minutes, it has a few lull's in the middle but overall not too bad.

Really, there's no there there. It's just different and not a whole lot to it or eureka! stuff going on, it kinda is what you expect. Either using the templates, or typing text from scratch (just differently than Legacy Title)

Ann Bens July 15th, 2021 02:46 PM

You posted a tutorial on CC 2017
We are now on CC 2021 (15.2).
Might want to find a more recent one.

David Barnett July 21st, 2021 10:31 AM

Has it itself changed since then?

If one was looking for something about the Slip Edit tool or Ripple Delete, it wouldn't matter which version of Premiere it was.

Anyway, quick tip: In the Essential Graphics window there's a template for Basic Title, which is probably the best default one to start with. Things like lower thirds and top right corner bugs etc are ok to have as defaults, I find many of them too specific (Angled Title, Movie Credits)

Bob Hart December 14th, 2021 02:25 PM

It is not exactly a wise move by Adobe. If people have to learn a new convoluted set of rules to make titles, they may move to Resolve and learn the title tools on that instead. For me it is academic. I have not embraced the subscription model and am sticking with CS6 for as long as the computer still lives.

Paul R Johnson December 14th, 2021 02:31 PM

It's a few months now this topic started and I've not used the old legacy titler any longer and now use the new one instead. It works fine and just me not liking change - it's just a feature that works fine, but the new one can do more and operates more like the rest of the similar modules in Premiere. I don't actually 'like' it, but don't hate it. It will no doubt grow on me and some of the lower thirds it produces do save me time.