DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   "24" clock for use in project (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/62698-24-clock-use-project.html)

John Strickland March 12th, 2006 08:05 PM

"24" clock for use in project

Hey folks, how can I use the look of the tv show "24" clock in my project?

I already know how to do the picture in picture and all that jazz, but where to find the actual digital clock for use in the center of the screen. And yes I've done a google search, didn't come up with much luck.

Any help is greatly appreciated

John C. Chu March 12th, 2006 08:53 PM

I've been thinking about this same problem.

The solution I think I would do---[And I'm learning Final Cut Express and not Premiere] is to get a typeface that looks like a LCD or LED.

Then just type in each time you want in a Photoshop file and save the seaparate images.

I would think in Photoshop--you can do each time in separate layers..

Do that over a black backgrouund, and do one unique frame, for each second. And you just import each still frame as a one second clip?

11:59:58, 11:59:59, 12:00:00 etc.

The final thing is the mosaic/digital effect[as seen in the opening sequence]----I dunno how you can simulate and animate though...

Some kind of filter?

Keith Loh March 12th, 2006 08:57 PM

Find the specific digital readout font.

Then animate it frame by frame.

If you used it as little as they use it in "24" then it wouldn't be that hard to do.

John Strickland March 12th, 2006 10:19 PM

Yeah sounds plausible, I was kinda hoping to just import a clock movie as it were and put it in my project at the times it was needed.

Not really worried about the 24 intro. Just the time.

What I want to use it for is a wedding video and have the different segments tied together with what time they happened. Not running through the whole video mind you, just when it changes. (Putting on the dress, walking down the aisle, reception.) That kinda thing. I appreciate the help

John Strickland March 13th, 2006 02:29 PM

There is a yahoo widget that I've found that is called 24 clock. It has the clock and on the hours it'll play the 24 sound.

Now the only problem is how to do a screen capture for 5....6...maybe 10 seconds.

Keith Loh March 13th, 2006 03:23 PM

Camtasia will capture your screen activity. But I wonder if it will be in a good resolution.

John Strickland March 13th, 2006 05:07 PM

I found this program called camstudio. Seems simply enough just highlight the area you want to record from and go with it. Now my only problem is that the clock I found is set for 24 hour time and there is no option to change it to 12 hour time. I can always change my system clock to whatever time I need and the 24 clock stays in sync with it. Just have to make sure and keep it on the AM side of things otherwise I'll run into hour 15.....16....17...

Thanks for the help.