DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Anyone use Digital Juice products? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/62820-anyone-use-digital-juice-products.html)

Lisa Williams March 14th, 2006 08:12 AM

Anyone use Digital Juice products?

I am looking at buying their editor's toolkit 10, have never used their products before. I am looking for negative and positive feed back from those who may use it.

Thanks!

Edward Slonaker March 14th, 2006 11:43 AM

I have ETK 1 & 2. Love 'em! The interface (Juice 2.0) leaves a bit to be desired, but the quality and flexibility are really great.

If you haven't already, check out eBay and see if anyone might already have ETK 10 (although it's pretty new) out there at a better price than Juice. There have been several "bidding wars" for ETK 3, but I'm still holding out.

If you have any questions, e-mail me. Glad to help.

Jonathan Nicholas March 14th, 2006 05:45 PM

I've used some of their backgrounds and they are awesome!

Jon

Webb Pickersgill March 27th, 2006 09:04 PM

Yup..

I've got 5 of their products, one of them being the new SoundFX library. All of which have really turned out to be a great investment.

Russ Jolly March 27th, 2006 09:46 PM

We use Digital Juice products in our corporate work quite a bit. We added their VideoTraxx collection of royalty-free clips at the beginning of the year and have made extensive use of the footage for several projects. It paid for itself immediately.

Bill Mecca March 28th, 2006 08:47 AM

I use several volumes of jumpbacks and picked up all three sets of VideoTraxx which have come in handy when I needed shots of Southeast Asia for a current project.

Ben Freedman March 28th, 2006 09:47 AM

On sale...

Howdy...

I have use Editor's Tool Kit 1 for a long time. When 10 came out, I wanted to buy it, but, $399 was a little hard for me to justify, since I tend to only like 2-3 of the sets in these things...

However, I noticed that they had a "$199 with any purchase" deal on ETK10, and also had StakTrax Corporate on for $69, so I bought the StakTrax and added ETK10, and got both for $268.

Much more reasonable price. I've already used ETK10 for an upcoming video podcast that I'm producing. Nice looking sets! You can see a teaser here:

http://www.neo-fight.tv

Best,

Ben

Edward Slonaker March 28th, 2006 10:06 AM

Hey, Ben, I'm curious. What dimensions and file size is that opening video? I know it's Flash, but wondering what the specs are. EXCELLENT quality, and it didn't take too long to load. What's your secret?

Ben Freedman March 28th, 2006 10:10 AM

It's Flash 8 video, compressed with FLIX. It's actually not as high quality as the DiVX or QT files that you can download via the links, but since I'm streaming it over the web, I used a lower compression rate for folks with lower bandwidth.

The Divx and QT files are around 400kbps, wheras the flash is around 200.

The flash is 480x270 at 20fps, compressed using Flix from an uncompressed file rendered progressive out of Vegas. It's a little complex, but I've found it gives good results.

First episode goes up on April 17th. Stop back and let me know what you think.

Best,

Ben

Dan Tolbertson March 31st, 2006 04:07 PM

IMO Digital Juice is at the top end of the spectrum for items such as this. All of the items I own have been great and anything from competitors like Digital Hotcakes or other "Cheaper" backgrounds are, well....Cheaper!

You get what you pay for and if you wat the best then get the DJ products.

Mike Hanlon March 31st, 2006 05:36 PM

Since we're on the subject of Digital Juice, did you see how they monkeyed with their pricing last year? I was at NAB last year and they were selling/advertising JumpBacks for $99 a copy. No special package, no limited time offer. I still have the April 2005 Digital Juice magazine they were handing out and the $99 price was all over it.

Not sure when it happened, but the price went back to $249 some time later.

I emailed them to see what the story was, but no answer and they aren't going to be at NAB this year so I won't be able to ask in person.

Edward Slonaker April 1st, 2006 06:10 AM

That's my only complaint about Juice. They jack around with their pricing quite often. Until they introduced Editor's Toolkit 10, you could get any of the Toolkits for $199 if you bought anything else (Jumpbacks, VideoTraxx, etc) at full price.

NOW, you can ONLY get ETK10 at $199 if you buy anything else at full price. All other kits are $399 regardless; no incentive to buy others at the reduced rate. Thank God for eBay!