DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   No Capture, No Understand. (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/63346-no-capture-no-understand.html)

Jason Leonard March 20th, 2006 08:23 PM

No Capture, No Understand.

For some reason my computer has ceased to be able to recognize my camera.The error reads "no capture device available".
I just captured some video last week and suddenly, now, when i need it most, i have nothing, and it is when i need it most.
Why? Why? Why?
Has this happened to anyone else?
Is there a way to fix it without reformating my hard drive?
Is it a virus?
Everything is connected properly....OH SWEET RAGE!
Any advice is nervously anticipated.
Thanks

Chris Barcellos March 20th, 2006 09:12 PM

More info needed

Tell us:

Computer system particulars/specs ?

Version of Premire ?

What camera you are trying to capture from?

Is this an HDV capture?

Any recent changes to computer-- hardware or added programs or updates ?

Jason Leonard March 20th, 2006 10:06 PM

its the same cpu that i have been using for the last few years. no changes recently.
i am trying to capture from a gl1 to prem. 6, but i tried with prem pro and got the same results

Sheila Ward March 21st, 2006 12:16 AM

I hate to ask the obvious, but have you tried rebooting your PC?

What are you capturing through, normal firewire card? or special card? firewire hub?

Do you have any other firewire devices connected that could be causing a problem? like another camera or a/d converter?

Your firewire port on your camera could have gone bad, or the port on your pc. Is there another pc around you can try the camera on?

I know you say nothing has changed, but we need some better details so we can try to help.

Aaron Winters March 21st, 2006 12:39 AM

I'm with them. Could be the cable, could be the ports (camera or computer). That port may of been disabled somehow. Detailed specs are needed, what your computer is running and what antivirus/antispyware you have.
(Right click My Computer and then click properties to see what your computer is running for hardware, just fyi).

Jason Leonard March 21st, 2006 10:02 AM

i'm running an athalon (1.8 ghz) with 1 gig of ram adn 400 total gigs of space.
my virus protection (which i turn off when i cut) is AVG. I am running winxp pro, i have teh adobe production suite and a copy of prem. 6.
the wire is good, and now it appears to detect another camera.
could it really be the firewire port ont he cam? it wouldnt be the worst case, but does this happen often? i know the cam is old but i got a late model which i didnt start to use until last year. is this another common problem or could there be another answer

Marco Wagner March 21st, 2006 11:14 AM

Have you tried manually setting the capture settings in premiere to the camera you are using?

Chris Barcellos March 21st, 2006 09:45 PM

my brother had a problem with the camera port on hisCanon and I've heard complaints about the problem before. No idea if it happens more with the Canons....