DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   strange difs between ppro 1.5.1 and 2; why? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/65131-strange-difs-between-ppro-1-5-1-2-why.html)

Herojig Gaton April 15th, 2006 07:18 AM

strange difs between ppro 1.5.1 and 2; why?

i was going to try a new project in ppro2, but got stuck right off the bat with strange difs in behavior. the project is to put opening and closing credits on rock video ala VH1. So it's just a clip on video 1, a boris red animation on video2 and the title on video3. using the safe action area all three tracks are laid down in the lower left corner.

Premiere 1.5.1
Everything works as expected, title previews and renders clear on the timeline and timeline exports to tape exactally as shown on the screen.

Premiere 2.0
Titles are blurry on the timeline when in motion, but render out to tape fine. The preview setup is different in the new version, no longer previewing on the cam, but on monitor 2 (a 1024x768 flatscreen), so things look different there. The animation which is scaled to the lower left has a different position in preview than on export to tape. it shifts down and to the left outside the safe area.

I see no way to replicate the project from 1.5 in 2, and that worries me. Titles are no longer kept in an external file, and that confused me too. But the biggest problems are 1> blurry text during preview, in fact the video is even a bit soft, and 2) the positioning of a video layer seems off.

Both projects are using the same settings: PAL, 4:3 aspect, etc., yet in the preview on the monitor in v2 the frame is stretched, I guess because the monitor has a different aspect ratio then the project...so thats not so good.

But the end results are the same - but for the animation layer shifting places on the final tape. Hmmm.....

Thanks,
jigs

David Lach May 13th, 2006 10:08 PM

I have experienced the softness you are talking about too for both titles and the footage itself when previewing. Don't know why that is, but it is anoying as hell. I thought it might be my video card since it's a cheapo one, but that's unlikely. When you click on the image in the main monitor in PPro2 the image becomes sharp again, but as soon as you play the footage, even if set to highest quality, it becomes soft looking.

I hate the fact Adobe always seem to introduce new bugs with each new version instead of just fixing the old ones. Fire the beta testing team Adobe! ;-)

I must say I haven't experienced the other troubles you have though.

Pat Sherman May 13th, 2006 11:45 PM

Not the video card.. Same problem with a Nvidia 7800GT and 7900GTX..

Mathieu Ghekiere May 14th, 2006 09:43 AM

The problem of titles going soft, I already have that now with Ppro 1.5...

David Lach May 14th, 2006 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mathieu Ghekiere
The problem of titles going soft, I already have that now with Ppro 1.5...

Believe me, I've worked with both versions, and it's much worse in PPro2. And not only does the titles become soft, but any images/footage has jagged edges and a soft look to it when previewing, which wasn't the case in PPro 1.5.

I'm currently working on a 4:3 30p corporate project shot with an XL2 and I almost had a heart attack the first time I saw the footage in Premiere, it looked like some old consumer grade VHS cam resolution. Fortunately it looked fine when exported back to DVD, but still not practicle at all for editing purposes. What were they thinking?

Daniel Patton May 14th, 2006 10:08 PM

Are you sure you didn't have the preview quality set low (as is the default when set to auto)?

David Lach May 15th, 2006 11:27 AM

No, not for me, unfortunatelly, it's set at the highest preview quality.