DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Premiere Pro from ebay? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/67613-premiere-pro-ebay.html)

John Godden May 17th, 2006 10:14 PM

Premiere Pro from ebay?

I'm currently using Premiere Elements. Like to program a lot but am interested in the Pro version............. at least at this price.

Found this from what looks like a trusted ebay seller:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ADOBE-PREMIERE-P...QQcmdZViewItem

Anyone around here go this route?

Actually, I'm not sure I really need the HP of Pro. I'm just looking to add some more goodies like noise reduction and more advanced image editing capabilities. Perhaps, a couple of plug-ins for my copy of Elements would work as well. ??? Comments/suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
JohnG

Chris Barcellos May 17th, 2006 10:40 PM

The picture is kind of funny. Its showing the book for Premiere Pro 2.0, but the disk case is for Premiere 6.0, which is a very old version of Premiere.

Lloyd Coleman May 17th, 2006 11:07 PM

It looks like they are selling a package of Premiere 6.0 and then an upgrade version of PPro 2.0. There is nothing wrong with that. If you look at the rest of the listings you will see an old version 4.2 that is currently going for $5 or a version 6 that is going for less than $5. You could buy either one of those and then buy the upgrade yourself for $199. If the final price for either of the older versions is less than $100 you will be better off buying just the one program and then buying the upgrade yourself.

Premiere Elements is a great program for the price, however, I think you will really like the extra features of PPro.

John Godden May 18th, 2006 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lloyd Coleman
It looks like they are selling a package of Premiere 6.0 and then an upgrade version of PPro 2.0. There is nothing wrong with that. If you look at the rest of the listings you will see an old version 4.2 that is currently going for $5 or a version 6 that is going for less than $5. You could buy either one of those and then buy the upgrade yourself for $199. If the final price for either of the older versions is less than $100 you will be better off buying just the one program and then buying the upgrade yourself.

Premiere Elements is a great program for the price, however, I think you will really like the extra features of PPro.

Lloyd

Thanks for the feedback
JohnG

Bob Schneider May 18th, 2006 08:13 PM

One more thing John. If you do decide to purchase a used version of 6.0, for the purpose of doing an upgrade. make sure that you can register that version into your name. If it registered to someone other than the seller, they can't transfer it to you.

Bob

John Godden May 18th, 2006 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Schneider
One more thing John. If you do decide to purchase a used version of 6.0, for the purpose of doing an upgrade. make sure that you can register that version into your name. If it registered to someone other than the seller, they can't transfer it to you.

Bob

Bob

Thanks for the comment. I'm reasonably convinced the ebay listing is legit.

I'm still debating if I would benifit by using the Pro version over Elements. I'm just an amature and only use and SD DV camcorder right now. Probably won't go HD for another year.

That being said, I'll probably order it.

Regards
JohnG

Bob Schneider May 19th, 2006 06:49 AM

Is there an upgrade path from elements to pro?

John Godden May 19th, 2006 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Schneider
Is there an upgrade path from elements to pro?

I did a pretty extensive search on the Adobe site and found no info regarding this upgrade path.

Regards
JohnG

Bob Schneider May 19th, 2006 03:16 PM

I would try calling them.

Bob

John Godden May 23rd, 2006 08:15 PM

OK folks, I ordered the SW from the ebay seller.

I'll post a follow-up once I get the SW and install it.

Regards
JohnG

John Godden June 1st, 2006 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Godden
OK folks, I ordered the SW from the ebay seller.

I'll post a follow-up once I get the SW and install it.

Regards
JohnG

Followup post:
Got the PPro 2.0 SW and it installed correctly. Very happy!

Regards
JohnG

Bruce Pelley June 12th, 2006 07:45 PM

John,I'm considering doing the same thing...

Did you actually pay the full $300 and just exactly what were you sent?What version of Adobe Premiere?Did the transaction met or exceed your expectations?

Did you actually call the seller and did you feel comfortable with him?

Did you get a full,sealed package with an unregistered serial number for both the old program and the upgrade?

Did you register the combo/upgrade with Adobe Syetems all right?

I sure wish this program wasn't so expensive!!

Thanks

Bob Schneider June 12th, 2006 09:47 PM

Bruce,

If that Premiere 6.5 version that you use is a legit copy and registered to you, you can simply upgrade yourself to version 2.0 for $199. That would solve your dvd encoding problem and allow some basic authoring from right inside the app. If it is not a legit copy, yes you can buy an older version from e-bay. 5.0 or newer I believe will still qualify for the $199 upgrade to version 2.0. Obviously you will need to verify that that older copy you are purchasing is legit and can be officially transferred to you by the rightful owner.

Bob

John Godden June 13th, 2006 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruce Pelley
Did you actually pay the full $300 and just exactly what were you sent?What version of Adobe Premiere?Did the transaction met or exceed your expectations?

Did you actually call the seller and did you feel comfortable with him?

Did you get a full,sealed package with an unregistered serial number for both the old program and the upgrade?

Did you register the combo/upgrade with Adobe Syetems all right?

I sure wish this program wasn't so expensive!!

Thanks

Bruce

I got PP 6.0 + an upgrade to PPro 2.0. All disks were legit and sealed with unregistered S/N's. Adobe reg went fine.............. GREAT deal!

Worked for me :-)
JohnG