DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   just moved to Premier Elements - quick questions (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/69322-just-moved-premier-elements-quick-questions.html)

Ed Langone June 11th, 2006 10:23 AM

just moved to Premier Elements - quick questions

couldn't get Pinnacle 9.4.3 or 10.5.2 to run on any of my PC's have a deadline, donwloaded Premier Pro & Premier Elements - figured I could use Elements do get this done quick.

I'm trying to do a basic dissolve between 2 clips, and all I wnat is for the video AND audio to dissolve/crossfade. Is there a way to do this, or must I drag a video dissolve and audio crossfade every time?

Also, is there a way to pan & zoom on a still frame inserted into the timeline?

Does Premier have a "Smartsound" like featuer, and how do I use it?

Do any of you know a forum dedicated to Premier?

I'm sorry for all the questions, but I just spent 1 week trying to get Pinnacle (what I am used to) to run without repeatedly crashing, and I give up.

THANKS!

Ed

Christopher Lefchik June 11th, 2006 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ed Langone
I'm trying to do a basic dissolve between 2 clips, and all I wnat is for the video AND audio to dissolve/crossfade. Is there a way to do this, or must I drag a video dissolve and audio crossfade every time?

The easiest way would be to highlight the clips you want in the Project bin, then go to Project > Automate to Sequence (assuming this is present in Premiere Elements).

If you don't have this, the next easiest method is to put all your clips on the timline snugged up against each other, then place the time bar at the intersection between clips. Press Ctrl+D to place the default video transition (cross dissolve), then Ctrl+Shift+D to place the default audio transition (cross fade). Repeat at each cut. Ta da!

Quote:

Also, is there a way to pan & zoom on a still frame inserted into the timeline?

Check out the Motion controls in the Effects pallette. You'll need to learn the basics of key frames if you don't already know about them (check the manual/help file; it's your best friend, believe me). To pan you can also simply click and drag the clip in the Monitor window.

Quote:

Does Premier have a "Smartsound" like featuer, and how do I use it?

No, you have to purchase SmartSound for Premiere separately.

Quote:

Do any of you know a forum dedicated to Premier?

Right here:
Attend the World Premiere

Quote:

I'm sorry for all the questions, but I just spent 1 week trying to get Pinnacle (what I am used to) to run without repeatedly crashing, and I give up.

No need to apologize. The forum is here precisely so that people can help each other.

Quote:

THANKS!

Ed

You're welcome!

Ed Smith June 15th, 2006 12:37 PM

Hi Ed,

Moved thread into our Premiere forum. post your PP questions in here!

Thanks,

Ed

Christopher Lefchik June 15th, 2006 01:30 PM

Ed,

I just noticed I formatted my link to the SmartSound for Premiere page incorrectly. It's been more than twenty-four hours so I am unable to edit my post. Would you be so kind as to fix it?

Ed Smith June 16th, 2006 11:10 AM

There you go chris, no worries.

Cheers,

Christopher Lefchik June 16th, 2006 01:59 PM

Ed,

Thanks! I usually check my posts, but I obviously didn't that time.