DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Export to tape with GL2? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/70235-export-tape-gl2.html)

Bruce Pelley June 25th, 2006 09:53 PM

Export to tape with GL2?

I have a large AVI file which I want to export in its entirety to mini dv tape for archival purposes via firewire.Then after that's done,I can restore 9 plus gigs of space back to my hard drive for other future projects!

This is the very first time I've needed to move a finished product back to tape.I'm so used to going in the other direction...GL-2 to the computer.

I can't figure how the computer will send the file out!!!

Would someone please be so kind as to let me know what needs to be done?

Thanks so much.
Bruce

Randall Allen June 25th, 2006 11:09 PM

Using my editing software, I would play the file with the print to tape command. Have never had any reason to go back in that direction either but I'm sure that is what you would have to do. Have the camera connected, most likly in camera mode.

I'm using edius. Your software may differ.

Randy

Dale Guthormsen June 25th, 2006 11:39 PM

Bruce,

what editing program do you use?

I sometimes archive to tape as well as dvd. I do this because sometimes a dvd ends up with a flaw which you never noticed prior. Most programs have a record to tape as a button or a tab off the tool bar.

Bruce Pelley July 6th, 2006 09:08 PM

I use Adobe Premiere 6.5 and have thus far failed

Right now I continue to be most perplexed!!!!!!!!

1)How is the GL-2 set-up and operated in conjunction with Premiere?

2)I currently have Premiere 6.5.When I use the export to tape command with any of my GL-2's they go “crazy”, my computer locks-up, the monitor loses the picture & fails to record the video from the PC. It could be a time code or Premiere setting problem, the source of which is a complete mystery to me and very frustrating!! I'd really like to hear from a fellow GL-2 owner so I can try to ascertain where I'm going wrong. Would anybody be so kind to list in detail step by step how this process works including the settings in Adobe so I can move on in my early video editing life and gets things accomplished instead of scratching my head in wonderment? Yes, I read the manual but obviously due to the nature of this request/plea I missed something vital. Also.....In case Pro won't work, is there a freeware/shareware/low cost solution that will simply & easily export an AVI file to the GL-2 with no messing or fussing around? All recommendations and suggestions welcome.

Sorry,unfortunately in this issue I need to be led by the hand here as I've never done it before. Up to now it's all been capturing only!
Many thanks in advance,
Bruce

Chris Hurd July 7th, 2006 09:59 AM

Moved to Premiere forum from GL2 forum.