DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Frame Blending??!! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/74886-frame-blending.html)

Jon Jaschob September 5th, 2006 10:42 AM

Frame Blending??!!

Hi All,
Using PPRo2 along with Aspect HD, when I drop clips into the timeline, by default frame blending is checked. Does anyone know how to make the default for frame blending off? Frame blending at 24fps makes me dizzy! Uck!
Thanks,
Jon

Christopher Lefchik September 6th, 2006 12:36 AM

As long as you do not slow down the speed of a clip no frame blending is applied. Premiere Pro only applies frame blending when a clip's speed is set below 100%.

Denis Danatzko September 6th, 2006 06:32 AM

FWIW, "The PPr0 2.0 Bible" from Wiley states...

"The Frame Blend option prevents choppy video when you've changed speed or Frame Rate of clips. By default, Frame Blend is on."

It can be found in the Main Menu, under Clips/Video Options/Frame Blend. As claimed, Frame Blend is checked. I suppose you could just un-check it.

Jon Jaschob September 6th, 2006 10:05 AM

Thanks for the info guys, but I'm not changing the speed, unless PPro "thinks" I have by using Aspect HD and 24fps. I have a lot of short cuts so I have to remember to go back and un-check FB on all of them. BTW, my footage looks fine without FB at down to 75%. But I have used it on pans that are at the wrong speed for 24fps.
Jon

Jon Jaschob September 6th, 2006 05:20 PM

Ok, I think I got to the bottom of this if anyone else is having this problem. Frame blending is on by defualt, but it on "blends frames" if you mess with the timeing, otherwise it does nothing. Just wish there was a master switch to turn it off, unless I need it. Even my slowed down clips look better without it.
Jon

John McGinley April 22nd, 2007 05:25 PM

I know this is an old thread, but this is not the case. I'm dropping 24P avis on a 24P timeline and the frame blending does affect the render, without any speed changes. It was driving me nuts because I couldn't figure out why all my high motion scenes were REALLY strobing. The picture is also noticeably softer. What stinks is you can't select multiple clips to deactivate frame blending, you have to select each individually. Is there a way to turn of 'frame blending by default' so I don't have to do this to each clip every time I drop it on the timeline?

Obin Olson December 20th, 2007 04:35 PM

I am so sick and tired of frameblending being ON by default it's insane.

What can we do?

Jason McGovern April 27th, 2008 04:27 PM

Oh - man, this sucks especially if you're nesting sequences. I'm using 24p HDV - and wish there was some way to undo all the frame blending.

Taky Cheung April 27th, 2008 07:37 PM

Premiere also blend frames, say like if you place a 29.97fps video to a 24p timeline.

Bart Walczak April 28th, 2008 02:52 AM

If the footage is different framerate than the timeline, even like 50p against 50i, frame blending starts "working".

Usually this is not good, unless you know what you're doing.

The only "fast" way to turn it off for me was to assign a shortcut key to Frame Blend and manually click on each clip.

It should be in preferences, but so far Adobe has ignored my feature requests. Maybe if we all file it, they will reconsider.

John Stakes June 15th, 2008 08:29 AM

click on the clip in the bin and turn off frame blending before you place it in the timeline. go to Clip>Video Options>Frame Blend.

-JS

Bart Walczak June 16th, 2008 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Stakes (Post 893353)
click on the clip in the bin and turn off frame blending before you place it in the timeline. go to Clip>Video Options>Frame Blend.

-JS

LOL, I got my own tip posted back :)

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=121041