DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Building A Footage Library & HD Overview (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/86791-building-footage-library-hd-overview.html)

Julian Meli February 17th, 2007 07:34 PM

Building A Footage Library & HD Overview

Hello Everyone.

First off I'd like to say hello as this is my first post of many. So the story begins... I just recently bought a new Sony HDR-HC1, I've had the camera for about a week now and can say I am a big fan of it. However, I've been searching the forums for ages and researching tons on the new world of HD, as I've becomed quite accustomed in the world of SD and DV. Anyhow here are my questions: (I am working in Adobe Premiere 2.0 and am fairly knowledged in the whole 'video scene' if thats what we should call it.)

I will be compiliing what hopes to become a very large stock video library. I will be shooting clips of all subjects then editing them into 10-60 second clips. Now, my original thoughts are when I'm finished editing a clip to export it in it's native file format as .mpeg and then when I'm working on a video project I could just import those clips or encode them to whatever format I needed to work with them. This was all fine and dandy untill I realized for some reason I can't seem to figure out a way to export native HD .mpeg. So I searched the forums and looked for a solution. I thought maybe Cineform could help me so I installed that and re-captured the clip as .m2t (Is .m2t and .mpeg captured in PP2.0 the exact same thing?) However when I had Cineform installed I couldnt seem to export the edited clip as a .m2t file in PP2.0 for some reason. So I then went back to the drawing bords and thought what if I just export my edited clips back to tape so I could re-capture them in native file format (although this is not a desired method because of the what seems like unnessecary extra work), yet I still seemed to be out of luck there too as I can't figure out why it wont let me export to tape. So I'm not sure what I should try next, When I was shooting in DV, I would just export my finished clips back to DV-AVI for archival. I'm looking for a method in which I can export my edited clips into a small in size format with original HD quality, that will be compatible in the future and with macs as I may be switching to one.

Summarized:
1) Native Format: Is there any way to export clips back into the native HD format captured or export as .m2t with Cineform installed?
2) Batch Export: Is there any way to batch export clips into the native HD format and/or other formats such a .mov?
3) Compatibility: Is native HD .mpeg captured in PP2.0 workable with AVID and Final Cut Pro HD?
4) Are native HD .mpeg and Cineform .m2t the exact same thing?
5) What is the best way for building a stock video library?

Robert Garvey February 28th, 2007 07:06 PM

Have you tried in PP2. 'File' - 'Export' - 'Adobe Media Encoder' ?

Julian Meli March 2nd, 2007 11:12 AM

Yes I've tried that, but that just encodes it no, I'm looking for a more lossless approach at a HD export.