DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   DVD's ARE SKIPPING AND FREEZING! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/86962-dvds-skipping-freezing.html)

Matthew Jackson February 19th, 2007 07:33 PM

DVD's ARE SKIPPING AND FREEZING!

Hello,

I use Premiere Pro 1.5 and when I export, I use the adobe media encoder and export to MPEG - 2. I usually export at 6mb and duel render 16x9 NTSC.... Then I'm using Adobe Encore to put my DVD's together... through a timeline... Clients are emailing me saying that their discs aren't working... but they play fine on my computer and on a DVD player that I have here... any ideas? thanks!

Graham Hickling February 19th, 2007 07:46 PM

As a first step I would try burning the disks at a slower speed on higher-quality media - just so you can rule that possibility out. (You'll need to find someone who has a dvd player that wont play your disks, for your tests).

Matthew Jackson February 19th, 2007 08:42 PM

well I've sent some more copies to someone... and they were made on a higher quality more stable DVD...

But I don't know what is a slow enough speed? What would you recommend?

Graham Hickling February 19th, 2007 08:47 PM

Try half the max ... say 4X on an 8X burner.

Ervin Farkas February 19th, 2007 10:31 PM

A lot depends on the burner and it's driver software. I've thrown away a burner for these same reasons.

Matthew Jackson February 19th, 2007 10:42 PM

really? What burners do you guys recommend? That could be the problem, because mine was a cheapo from Frys.... rookie mistake probably...

Bart Walczak February 20th, 2007 03:42 AM

I use Lite-ons. They are maybe not the best in terms of performance, but they have the best error correction on the market.

Also, media are important. If you record on cheap unmarked media then there will inevitably be many errors. People on cdfreak recommend Taiyo Yuden:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=178622

From my experience TDK and Verbatim also work quite well.

Ervin Farkas February 20th, 2007 07:21 AM

I personally prefer a bitsetting enabled burner but that's not mandatory; since I started using my bitsetting enabled BenQ burner with TDK DVD+R blanks, I have zero complaints. Plextor, Sony, Pioneer are also good brands.

Robert M Wright February 20th, 2007 11:21 AM

I've had good luck with NEC burners.

Richard Zlamany February 20th, 2007 11:11 PM

I've had similiar problems. My solution was to switch to TY dvds and a pioneer burner. If the problem happens again. I'll replace the burner.

Matthew Jackson February 21st, 2007 06:35 AM

It sounds like I need to replace the burner. It happend with all the Maxell DVD's I was using and I switched to Sony. Thought I had it fixed, but apparently it happened again to a pal dvd that I just made.... so who knows... my burner's not an expensive one. It's a plextor.

Bob Thieda February 21st, 2007 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ervin Farkas
I personally prefer a bitsetting enabled burner but that's not mandatory; since I started using my bitsetting enabled BenQ burner with TDK DVD+R blanks, I have zero complaints. Plextor, Sony, Pioneer are also good brands.

Agreed....I use a bitsetting enabled NEC with Taiyo Yuden +Rs.
So far, no complaints.

Bob T.

Matthew Jackson February 21st, 2007 12:11 PM

How do I know if my plextor is bitsetting enabled? And if it is, do I set it to something... the "dvd-rom"?

Matthew Jackson February 21st, 2007 12:17 PM

okay,

I have the Plextor PX-760A...which isn't a cheapo afterall... I forgot, I bought it in October... surely this has bitsetting capability... Would that be software on the driver disk?

Ervin Farkas February 21st, 2007 02:59 PM

Mine came with a factory-modified version of Nero. On some burners it's an undocumented feature, try poking around... it might be there. Other burners may support the feature but the manufacturer will not provide the software, there might be a modified driver available some place on the internet...