DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Sequences need rendering again? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/87677-sequences-need-rendering-again.html)

Dan Burnap February 27th, 2007 08:33 AM

Sequences need rendering again?

Hi, I have PPro 1.5 project containing a series of sequences which are all rendered with no problems.

I then imported all the sequences into another sequence assuming that as they were already rendered, to render this compilation sequence would take a matter of seconds, not so, it seems everything has to be rendered again..?

Adam Gold February 27th, 2007 02:09 PM

My understanding is that with any NLE the clips in your timeline are really just sets of instructions about where to go and what to do with the data to render a project. It's all virtual until you output to a file...

But I could be misinformed...

Bart Walczak February 28th, 2007 04:13 AM

If you copy/paste it will remain rendered but if you insert a sequence into another sequence, then it will have to render again.

It's a hindrance unfortunately.

Dan Burnap February 28th, 2007 11:31 AM

Thanks chaps

Ervin Farkas February 28th, 2007 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bart Walczak (Post 633259)
If you copy/paste it will remain rendered but if you insert a sequence into another sequence, then it will have to render again.

I whish I knew this last night... I knew it won't re-render if I copy and paste, used that in the past, but "it didn't click" why it's re-rendering when nesting a sequence into another one. I was working on a DVD directly from inside PPRO 2.0 and having my movie broken up into shorter sequences, it was the only way I was able to do it.

Oh well, this is why I spend time on this forum... to learn... Luckily I had other things to do in the meantime so I just let PPRO to do it's thing; it dind't take an awful lot.

Steven Gotz February 28th, 2007 04:54 PM

Nested sequences require rendering. That is "As Designed". But hopefully will be one of the design changes eventually, if not the next release.

Peter Ferling March 1st, 2007 08:22 AM

At least when you move a pre-rendered clip on the same timeline, it keeps all or a portion of the preview. It wasn't the case before. So, yes, would be nice to have clip reference back to their previews when nested.

Dan Burnap March 1st, 2007 05:01 PM

My project was made up of 24 songs filmed from a concert. I split them up into a sequence for every show just to make my life simpler and faster. For the final output though I just wanted one avi of the whole lot, hence why I was importing sequences into one back-to-back.

In the end I gave up after an estimated rendering time of about 60 years and took advantage of Encore 2's 'playlist' feature using the individual song avi's, saved a of time and I didnt have to insert chapters markers either.