DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Known Audio Sync Issue? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/99337-known-audio-sync-issue.html)

James Emory July 19th, 2007 08:13 PM

Known Audio Sync Issue?

This issue is while using Premiere 6.5. I have noticed for a while now that there is a slight audio sync issue with loaded video. It is easily corrected by sliding the audio track 2 frames to the right and then rolling it out at the beginning and rolling it in at the end to match the video track's length again and then relocking the tracks.

I also recently realized that I have been inadvertently loading video at a capture setting of 32 Hz and then editing with audio set at 48 Hz in project settings. Could this difference have been causing that slight sync issue?

Has there been another known audio sync issue with 6.5 involving this and if so is there a known fix? What I just described is an easy fix but it's a pain when I'm in a hurry and/or have multiple individual short cuts to adjust seperately.

Eric Shepherd July 19th, 2007 08:27 PM

Hi James, the different sample rates shouldn't cause a sync issue. It should be more like playing a record back at the wrong speed. Something more noticeable than a slight sync problem. :)

It's possible this slight delay you have is an audio driver latency problem. When you output to dvd or back to tape and play back on some other device, is your audio playing ahead of the picture or still in perfect time?

Eric

Jim Gunn July 19th, 2007 08:31 PM

If you are by chance using a Canon XL-1, that camera has specific issues when capturing to Premiere Pro 6.5 that will make the audio drift out of sync. Use Scenalyzer Live to do your capturing instead.

James Emory July 19th, 2007 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric Shepherd (Post 714562)
It's possible this slight delay you have is an audio driver latency problem. When you output to dvd or back to tape and play back on some other device, is your audio playing ahead of the picture or still in perfect time?

I don't burn DVDs so I don't have any issues with that, yet. I have output to tape but only after correcting it like I described. I also cut with Premiere 5.1c on a desktop and that has never had an issue with audio sync from importing or output to tape. This issue isn't outright obvious. The average person may not even see it but I notice it because I look for these kinds of things. When I adjusted the audio track like described above, it just looked more in sync.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Gunn (Post 714566)
If you are by chance using a Canon XL-1, that camera has specific issues when capturing to Premiere Pro 6.5 that will make the audio drift out of sync. Use Scenalyzer Live to do your capturing instead.

Up until recently, I imported video with a Panasonic AG-DV200P deck but its firewire port recently went out. I am now using an XL-1 to load but the issue was noticable when using the deck too. Thank you both for the help.

Eric Shepherd July 19th, 2007 08:53 PM

If you've output to tape after correcting it, and then played the tape back on something, have you noticed the sync problem?

Peter Manojlovic July 19th, 2007 10:21 PM

I also found this to happen once...
The only time i had similair issues, was......of all things......the timeline being set to audio units...
Although this shouldn't be happening, i found the cuts to create sync issues.

But once i went to waveform units, everything was fine again..
It was a fluke.. it happened once.. and never again...

Eric Shepherd July 19th, 2007 10:22 PM

Hmm, so it was making cuts based on 1/48,000th of a second, rather than 1/29.97th of a second, and therefore splitting the video in a different place from the audio I guess?

Peter Manojlovic July 19th, 2007 10:40 PM

Since i'm not on my other machine (time for bed), i can't recreate the situation..
I'd have a hard time believing my stumble is a Premiere oddity...I mean, this would be a major issue..

Eric Shepherd July 19th, 2007 10:42 PM

Yeah, definitely. Well see if you can recreate it tomorrow and let us know. :)