DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Keyboard Shorcuts (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/99504-keyboard-shorcuts.html)

Brad Tyrrell July 22nd, 2007 03:20 PM

Keyboard Shorcuts

I was trying to use ctrl shft M to export stills in CS3, - not there! So I went to edit keyboad customization. Crash!

Anybody getting either of these to work?

Brad Tyrrell July 23rd, 2007 10:52 AM

OK, found a thread at the Adobe Forum. Fonts! Apparently, one of my hundreds of fonts is problematic for PP3 but not for PP2. What a pain.

Steven Gotz July 23rd, 2007 12:04 PM

I prepared an article for another forum which will be accompanied by a file that recreates the PPro 2.0 shortcuts as closely as possible.

It should be published tomorrow. If you don't see it on the other forum, I will have a link to it on my web site, probably late in the day. Otherwise, just send me an email and I will send it to you.

I really hate having to worry about politics and links to competing websites, which is why my site links to everyone I can find. But sometimes an article is an article, and if I want it to reach a wider audience than the 16,000 or so people I have visit my site monthly, I need to publish elsewhere. Sigh! I am so glad I don't need the money that advertising would bring in. It leaves me free to say what I want, when I want. Even to make fun of some of the sillier changes Adobe made this time around.

Brad Tyrrell July 23rd, 2007 02:00 PM

GREAT! Thanks Steven, we really appreciate your work!

Steven Gotz July 24th, 2007 08:05 AM

Check out my home page for a link to my article and access to the file I use for my keyboard shortcuts.

Brad Tyrrell July 24th, 2007 08:49 AM

Steven,

Nice article, thanks.

Now if someone can just come up with a script that will find out which font CS3 doesn't like so I can actually edit shortcuts...

Stuart Graham December 4th, 2008 08:46 AM

Did any one ever work out which types of fonts make Adobe Premiere Pro CS3 crash?

Premiere crashes and exits when I try to customise the keyboard shortcuts and when I try to change fonts in the title designer :(

Brad Tyrrell December 4th, 2008 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stuart Graham (Post 972768)
Did any one ever work out which types of fonts make Adobe Premiere Pro CS3 crash?

Premiere crashes and exits when I try to customise the keyboard shortcuts and when I try to change fonts in the title designer :(

Turns out it's not which ones, but how many. When I uninstalled a bunch, things were OK. One of the upgrades was supposed to address the problem, but I never put back the unused fonts anyway, so I'm not sure.

I think there are several other threads on this, here and over at Adobe.

Stuart Graham December 4th, 2008 10:27 AM

Thanks Brad!

I'll try deleting a bunch and see what happens.

Jon Shohet December 4th, 2008 03:28 PM

Don't bother messing with the fonts, the update that was released for PP CS3 fixes the crash, and can be downloaded from the adobe website.

Stuart Graham December 4th, 2008 05:40 PM

Oops, already deleted them. But it works fine now :) Thanks anyway Jon.