DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   All Things Audio (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/all-things-audio/)
-   -   Cooper Sound Systems No More (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/all-things-audio/115434-cooper-sound-systems-no-more.html)

Steve Oakley February 21st, 2008 11:30 PM

Cooper Sound Systems No More

passing of an era if you have one. copy & pasted from other forums
-----------------------------------------------

Cooper Sound Systems Inc. has decided to cease manufacturing operations.
Cooper Sound Systems will continue to provide warranty service & product support. General service and repairs can only be accepted with prior authorization.
We would like to thank you for your support over the years.

Copper Sound Systems Inc.
----------------------------------------------------
I spoke with Andy and Janet this morning (I was afraid one of them may have had health issues or something). As it turns out, all is well. They are simply wanting to retire, and can.

Glen Trew
------------------------------------------------------

Wayne Brissette February 22nd, 2008 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Oakley (Post 830663)
passing of an era if you have one.

When I used a mixer, I always wanted one. I simply never could afford one and when I finally saved my pennies, I went a different route. But they were the best and cleanest sounding of the mixers I heard.

Don't look for deals on these, mixers will now hoard them... kind of like many mixers did with the Zaxcom Cameo.

I actually expect to hear similar news about Bob Wendt (he isn't a spring chicken). Although he might sell the brand to somebody else.

Wayne

Dan Brockett February 22nd, 2008 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayne Brissette (Post 830758)
When I used a mixer, I always wanted one. I simply never could afford one and when I finally saved my pennies, I went a different route. But they were the best and cleanest sounding of the mixers I heard.

Don't look for deals on these, mixers will now hoard them... kind of like many mixers did with the Zaxcom Cameo.

I actually expect to hear similar news about Bob Wendt (he isn't a spring chicken). Although he might sell the brand to somebody else.

Wayne

That's sad, I always wanted a Cooper too, couldn't ever afford one.

I had Bob Wendt over to my office for conversation and a soda quite a few years ago, his facility was located right up the road from me in Westlake Village, Ca. He is a nice guy and I will be sad when he retires, he makes very good gear. Yes, Bob is way up there in birthdays, I think I met him 2002 and he wasn't really young then.

Dan

Steve Oakley February 22nd, 2008 11:22 PM

well a little surprised they just didn't sell off to employees... unless its that small of an operation. I guess as long as you can find sliders & pots, the rest pretty much lasts if they use quality caps, and I'm sure they do.